On Aug. 24, 2016, Turkish Armed Forces, with the support of the Syrian opposition, launched the Euphrates Shield operation against the IS militants and liberated the city of Jarabulus as well as the city of Al-Bab in northern Syria.
Last month, Turkey launched an offensive called "Olive Branch" against Kurdish forces in Afrin, a region in northern Syria, which was faced with Washington's criticism.More news: South Korea's Leader May Be on Brink of Legacy-Defining Moment
The two men evaluated regional developments, factors that have damaged relations between the allies and developing ways of combating terrorism, a Turkish presidential source said, but provided no further details.
Some U.S.officials told American media that hundreds of forces had already left the fight against Daesh and refocused on the Turkish military, raising concerns about the sustainability of the forces.
"Over 90 percent of Manbij is Arab land".More news: Joint Olympic team makes history for two Koreas
The countries are at odds on various issues, with the biggest problem being USA support for the Syrian Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG). "We will come to Manbij to give it back to its true owners", he added during a political rally for the ruling Justice and Development Party (AKP).
He was speaking, on Monday, a day after a visit to Turkey by U.S. National Security Advisor HR McMaster and ahead of a stop in Ankara this week by U.S. Secretary of State, Rex Tillerson. It also mentioned the exchange of opinions on how to effectively counter the terrorist groups in the region.More news: Gigi Hadid slams body shamers
- Deadly Flu Season In Full Swing, Up To 4000 Weekly Deaths Recorded
- EPL: Aguero nets four in Man City rout
- Philippines Bars Citizens From Working in Kuwait, Citing Abuses
- Korea: 'Warm talks' with Moon
- Kim Jong-un Invites South Korean President to Pyongyang
- GOP Candidate Branded 'Sad' and 'Sick' for Meghan Markle Tweet
- 'Frank, candid' talks held with Moon, says Pyongyang
- Antonio Conte reiterates desire to fulfil Chelsea contract
- Sensex rebounds 295 pts on positive global cues
- NASA probe "New Horizons" snaps farthest-ever photo from Earth