Through another update, Snapchat believes "separating social from media has allowed us to build the best way to communicate with friends and the best way to watch great content - while addressing numerous problems that plague the Internet today". Snapchat is a quite popular app for youth nowadays, and somehow "Streak" is the feature that they used mostly but now it's becoming hard for a user to maintain streaks with friends. If you force quit the app then you're going to be thrown back to the redesigned version the next time you launch it, and Snapchat is working on a fix, so if you don't revert back before they do then you'll have no other choice but to suffer through the redesign (part of the reason behind turning off auto updates). A petition (Change.org petition) is being signed on Twitter has nearly got half a million of signatures from users to "Remove the new Snapchat update".
When people swipe right they can access the "Friends" screen where you watch their stories, see their pictures, chats and group conversations.
But there's now an official website that lets you check out Snap Maps completely app-free.More news: Olympic Results: Germany Leads Medal Count
Interestingly, Snapchat sees this not just as a means of exploring cities but also as a news source.
If you head onto the website, you'll be able to see videos from all around the world, all of which were shared using Snapchat. If you've subscribed to publishers on Snapchat, their Stories will remain on top.
Keep in mind if you try this that deleting Snapchat deletes all of your Memories.More news: NASA probe "New Horizons" snaps farthest-ever photo from Earth
Snapchat says that the Discover section will become "uniquely personalized for you". However, they would still undergo the scrutinisation of Snapchat curators. Once you do, log in and you'll be back to rocking the previous version.
Until now, it's only been possible to view this using the Snapchat app.More news: GOP Candidate Branded 'Sad' and 'Sick' for Meghan Markle Tweet
- Rugby stars questioned over assault declare
- MI officer shot during barricaded gunman incident
- Kim Jong-un Invites South Korean President to Pyongyang
- Shah Rukh Khan goes under water for 33.3 million Twitter followers
- Korea: 'Warm talks' with Moon
- 3 killed in Grand Canyon sightseeing helicopter crash; survivors rescued
- Turkey's relations with U.S. at make-or-break point - Mevlut Cavusoglu
- Trump To Unveil $1.5 Trillion Infrastructure Plan Days After Signing Massive Budget
- Boston Celtics: Concern sets in following blowout loss to Cavs
- South Korea's Leader May Be on Brink of Legacy-Defining Moment