Gandhi asked Bhagwat to apologise for questioning "preparedness of Indian Army".More news: These Olympic Athletes Are Using Tinder At The Winter Olympics
Bhagwat had on Sunday said that RSS has ability to prepare an "Army" to fight for the country within three days.
However, the RSS claims that Bhagwat was not comparing Army with Sangh.More news: S. Korean president's approval rating stays high ahead of Winter Olympics
While addressing Sangh workers at Zila school ground on the last day of his six-day visit of Muzaffarpur, Bhagwat had said: "Hamara military sanghatan nahin hai, military jaisi discipline hamari hai". However, this time he may have gone a bit too far by taking a dig at the Indian Army, who guards the nation in weather conditions sure to send a chill down your spine, sometimes literally! Saying that Bhagwat's remarks were misinterpreted, Manmohan Vaidya of the Akhil Bharatiya Prachaar Pramukh, said, "Bhagwat ji said that if situation arises and the Constitution permits, the Indian Army would take six months to prepare the society whereas the Sangh swayamsevaks can be trained in 3 days, as Swayamsevaks practise discipline regularly".
Meanwhile, Minister of State Civil Aviation Jayant Sinha has defended Bhagwat's comments and said that he aims to make India great and protect the nation, reported Times Now. "The Indian Army is a highly respected organisation with countless sacrifices for the nation". In emergency situation (not congress emergency) every Indian must volunteer to stand with Defence Forces. "If the country requires and the country's Constitution allows, the RSS is ready to fight on the borders against the enemy", he said.More news: 'We are at WAR' Turkish helicopter SHOT DOWN in Syria killing soldiers
- Could a North Korean athlete defect to South Korea during the Olympics?
- N Korean 'First Sister' Returns Home After Sensational Appearance at Olympics
- US wants to privatize International Space Station
- SGX looks to avoid India's Nifty licence limits
- Brazil legend Ronaldo wants Neymar in Madrid
- Jose Mourinho digs out Alexis Sanchez & Anthony Martial after Manchester United defeat
- BJP will form next government in Tripura: Amit Shah
- Liverpool emerge as favourites to sign out-of-favour Real Madrid star
- Mattis says North Korea can't drive wedge between South, US
- London City Airport Shutdown After Discovery Of WWII Bomb