Further north in Logan, 58,000 properties were left in the dark, with Energex still working to get the power back on to 46,000 homes and business there12 hours later.
Brisbane and Logan were worst hit when the storm swept through at about 6.30 last night.
Residents at Boonah, on the Scenic Rim, posted images of hailstones the size of tennis balls and forecasters said 90km/h wind gusts were recorded at Amberley, Redcliffe, Inner Beacon, Redlands and Archerfield.
A man has been shocked while taking a shower after lightning struck nearby his house in Ferny Grove in Brisbane's north-west during a powerful south-east Queensland storm.More news: Turkish soldiers killed, 11 injured in Afrin
He was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
"But for Brisbane itself over many years we've seen winds higher than this".
The Bureau of Meteorology has warned that a "possibly severe" thunderstorm could hit later in the day in the Brisbane area.
COAST residents are still without power following a freak storm that ripped through South-east Queensland overnight.More news: With extraordinary political optics, Winter Olympics begin
Parts of south-east Queensland have fallen short of the maximum temperatures forecast by the weather bureau, with severe storms rolling in late on Sunday afternoon.
Fix crews were scrambling to restore power to about 57,000 properties that remained without power after destructive winds, gusting beyond 100km/h in some places, downed hundreds of power lines across the region.
Ms Clinton warned motorists to be wary on the roads in the aftermath of the storm.More news: Kim Jong Un invites South Korean president for talks in the North
- Pence: Allies remain united on N. Korea
- Potter fights off stars to earn second PGA Tour win
- NY attorney general files lawsuit against Weinstein and the Weinstein Co
- France presses Russian Federation over Syria as more die in besieged rebel area
- The US Government Shut Down… Again
- Rand Paul Triggers Overnight Government Shutdown
- North Korea stages show of force with new missiles during parade
- Pratt & Whitney engine issue could ground some planes
- 49ers LB Reuben Foster Arrested For Domestic Violence
- Trump aide's abuse scandal bruises White House