Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola responded angrily to Gary Neville's claim that the Citizens manager should have a put youth-team player on the bench against Burnley, instead of just taking six substitutes.
'I've said all season United will finish in the top four and finish second and I'm not going to change my mind now.
Guardiola said at the time that he simply did not have enough players available to name a squad of 18, and that the youth team had played the night before, meaning none of the players would have been able to travel.
Belgium global De Bruyne has started all 26 of City's Premier League matches this season and has covered 288 kilometres in the top flight this season - the 10th greatest distance of any player - and admitted he was feeling like "s***" during the busy campaign.More news: GOP Candidate Branded 'Sad' and 'Sick' for Meghan Markle Tweet
The Catalan again clarified his position during his Friday press conference, and made sure he managed to fit in a dig at Neville, whose managerial experience amounts to an ill-fated three-month spell with Valencia.
City remain on course for an unprecedented quadruple this season and, despite the likes of Fernandinho and David Silva wearing the armband for much of the campaign, Guardiola confirmed that Kompany would have the honour of lifting any silverware.
Meanwhile, Guardiola hopes Riyad Mahrez plays against Manchester City tomorrow after returning to training with Leicester. I am happy for him as well. "If Vincent doesn't lift the titles, we will have good memories for ourselves", Guardiola is quoted as saying by the Manchester Evening News.
"This guy, the pundit, he has to know my job is serious, it's not a joke, never is it a joke. The way he played, it's hard to find [a better] one in Europe".More news: South Korea's Leader May Be on Brink of Legacy-Defining Moment
'It's whether Chelsea can get their ship in order I suppose as we know Tottenham have got quality, they're a settled team, they've got a good system, a great manager.
"Forget the second team".
The system at City does not have room for a support striker but Guardiola might turn him into a CF, which will not only add goals to his game but will make him a more effective player.
"Gary Neville can be happy".More news: NASA probe "New Horizons" snaps farthest-ever photo from Earth
- Rival Koreas march under one flag at Pyeongchang opening ceremony
- Korea: 'Warm talks' with Moon
- MI officer shot during barricaded gunman incident
- Foles, Eagles shock the world with Super Bowl win
- Trump and Kim lookalikes cause a stir at Pyeongchang Olympics
- 3 killed in Grand Canyon sightseeing helicopter crash; survivors rescued
- North's 'army of beauties' seduces as Koreans' Olympics debut ends in tears
- Iraq Seeks $88.2 Billion For Reconstruction After Years Of War Against ISIS
- Peter Rabbit film producers apologise over allergy scene
- Joint Olympic team makes history for two Koreas