The mausoleum complex consists of Arafat's burial chamber, a prayer pavilion and landscaped gardens - all situated in a 6,550 sq. m. site.
While the UAE already has two Hindu temples in Dubai, a spokesperson from Bochasanwasi Shri Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha (BAPS) said the temple in Abu Dhabi will be the first traditional Hindu stone temple in the Middle East. BAPS manages nearly 1,200 temples in India, UK, the US, Australia, Canada and Africa. Here Palestine President Mahmood Abbas welcomed him by breaking the protocol. President Mahmoud Abbas said Palestine was relying on India's great standing on the global stage to facilitate the peace process with Israel.More news: Full-length robes not a must for Saudi women: Cleric
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is now in the United Arab Emirates as a part of his three-nation tour to the Gulf and West Asia, witnessed the foundation stone-laying ceremony of the first Hindu temple in capital Abu Dhabi. Al Jazeera news channel covered the visit in detail and emphasised that Modi accepted and supported a separate Palestine state.
Later, the Foreign Ministry has called the Palestine leg of the visit, "truly memorable and historic", a sentiment reflected by PM Modi as well.
India and Palestine enjoy time-tested and close friendship driven by former long-standing support to the Palestinian cause.
Prior to this visit, Modi said that he has "de-hyphenated" relations with Palestine and Israel, establishing "mutually independent and exclusive relations with both partners".More news: Here's everything awesome from Paul Pierce's jersey retirement ceremony
Our Prime minister Narendra Modi is going to create a history.
Last July, Modi became the first Indian prime minister to visit Israel, as India and Israel enhanced efforts to strengthen bilateral ties.
Later on Sunday, Modi flew to Oman where he met Sultan Qaboos and members of the Indian community in Muscat. Modi visited the United Arab Emirates for the second time after his 2015 trip to the Gulf country.
"India hopes that soon Palestine will come a free country in a peaceful manner", he said.More news: Donald Trump, Kim Jong-un impersonators ejected from Opening Ceremony
"We missed the industrial revolution, but we joined the digital revolution", he said. He will meet the deputy Prime Minister of Oman, before departing for Delhi.
- Angela Merkel insists 'painful' coalition talks have not undermined her authority
- Will North Koreans try to defect at the Olympics?
- No tie-up if Rajinikanth goes saffron: Kamal Haasan
- Burning Stock on the move: Ciena Corporation (NYSE:CIEN)
- Duke snaps losing streak by dropping Georgia Tech
- United States shares snap larger a day after coming into a 'correction'
- Samoa in state of disaster after strong tropical cyclone
- Israel not on Tillerson's itinerary as Secretary of State begins MidEast tour
- QUALCOMM, Inc. (QCOM) Shares Sold by Ladenburg Thalmann Financial Services Inc
- Year-old Redmond Gerard grabs first gold for U.S. in slopestyle final