The mausoleum complex consists of Arafat's burial chamber, a prayer pavilion and landscaped gardens - all situated in a 6,550 sq. m. site.
While the UAE already has two Hindu temples in Dubai, a spokesperson from Bochasanwasi Shri Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha (BAPS) said the temple in Abu Dhabi will be the first traditional Hindu stone temple in the Middle East. BAPS manages nearly 1,200 temples in India, UK, the US, Australia, Canada and Africa. Here Palestine President Mahmood Abbas welcomed him by breaking the protocol. President Mahmoud Abbas said Palestine was relying on India's great standing on the global stage to facilitate the peace process with Israel.More news: Donald Trump, Kim Jong-un impersonators ejected from Opening Ceremony
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who is now in the United Arab Emirates as a part of his three-nation tour to the Gulf and West Asia, witnessed the foundation stone-laying ceremony of the first Hindu temple in capital Abu Dhabi. Al Jazeera news channel covered the visit in detail and emphasised that Modi accepted and supported a separate Palestine state.
Later, the Foreign Ministry has called the Palestine leg of the visit, "truly memorable and historic", a sentiment reflected by PM Modi as well.
India and Palestine enjoy time-tested and close friendship driven by former long-standing support to the Palestinian cause.
Prior to this visit, Modi said that he has "de-hyphenated" relations with Palestine and Israel, establishing "mutually independent and exclusive relations with both partners".More news: Full-length robes not a must for Saudi women: Cleric
Our Prime minister Narendra Modi is going to create a history.
Last July, Modi became the first Indian prime minister to visit Israel, as India and Israel enhanced efforts to strengthen bilateral ties.
Later on Sunday, Modi flew to Oman where he met Sultan Qaboos and members of the Indian community in Muscat. Modi visited the United Arab Emirates for the second time after his 2015 trip to the Gulf country.
"India hopes that soon Palestine will come a free country in a peaceful manner", he said.More news: Amid Olympic Détente, Pence Snubs North Koreans In Visit To Pyeongchang
"We missed the industrial revolution, but we joined the digital revolution", he said. He will meet the deputy Prime Minister of Oman, before departing for Delhi.
- North Korean media print pictures of South's Moon
- Former WH Official Omarosa Hospitalized During Episode of 'Celebrity Big Brother'
- Burning Stock on the move: Ciena Corporation (NYSE:CIEN)
- Wisconsin men's basketball: Badgers look to start winning streak against MI
- No tie-up if Rajinikanth goes saffron: Kamal Haasan
- Here's everything awesome from Paul Pierce's jersey retirement ceremony
- Samoa in state of disaster after strong tropical cyclone
- US, S.Korea agree to maintain pressure on N. Korea
- Kim Cattrall calls out Sarah Jessica Parker for 'exploiting' brother's death
- JB Hi-Fi shares slump on margin warning