Two women were killed and another man was injured at the scene.
A Detroit gunman shot and killed two women and wounded two more people, including a police officer, during a tense standoff that continued through Monday morning, authorities said.
There was no word on the relationship of the dead women to the suspect.
He was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition. A bullet struck an officer in the leg but the cop is expected to be OK.More news: University replaces professor who insisted Australia was not a country
When officers arrived, someone opened fire.
FOX 2 was told the suspect does suffer from a mental illness and told police he would not go down without a fight.
The gunman is a CPL holder, with seven guns registered to him.
Police are still investigating how the situation began, but believe it may have started with an argument between the suspect and one of the female victims.More news: NASA probe "New Horizons" snaps farthest-ever photo from Earth
Compounding the situation - a person in a neighboring home also had a least one weapon and was threatening but not actively shooting.
The suspect, in that case, Decharlos O. Brooks, has been charged with eight counts of assault with intent to murder, seven counts of resisting and obstructing, one count of carrying a risky weapon and 17 counts of felony firearm, according to the Wayne County Prosecutor's Officer.
"This is one thing we always deal with this situation - these situations always revolve around someone with a mental illness that's either untreated or something that they're responsible for self-treating which they do not treat".More news: Iraq Seeks $88.2 Billion For Reconstruction After Years Of War Against ISIS
- Sensex rebounds 295 pts on positive global cues
- Jordan Clarkson makes first basket with Cavaliers in debut vs. Boston
- Trump and Kim lookalikes cause a stir at Pyeongchang Olympics
- Philippines Bars Citizens From Working in Kuwait, Citing Abuses
- Shoppers 'vote with wallets' as Aldi tops survey
- Olympic Results: Germany Leads Medal Count
- 3 killed in Grand Canyon sightseeing helicopter crash; survivors rescued
- Trump To Unveil $1.5 Trillion Infrastructure Plan Days After Signing Massive Budget
- Fiorentina-Juventus, le probabili formazioni. Marchisio dal 1′
- Kim Jong-un invites South Korea's President to Pyongyang (Second Lead)