Two women were killed and another man was injured at the scene.
A Detroit gunman shot and killed two women and wounded two more people, including a police officer, during a tense standoff that continued through Monday morning, authorities said.
There was no word on the relationship of the dead women to the suspect.
He was taken to the hospital and is in stable condition. A bullet struck an officer in the leg but the cop is expected to be OK.More news: 3 killed in Grand Canyon sightseeing helicopter crash; survivors rescued
When officers arrived, someone opened fire.
FOX 2 was told the suspect does suffer from a mental illness and told police he would not go down without a fight.
The gunman is a CPL holder, with seven guns registered to him.
Police are still investigating how the situation began, but believe it may have started with an argument between the suspect and one of the female victims.More news: Antonio Conte reiterates desire to fulfil Chelsea contract
Compounding the situation - a person in a neighboring home also had a least one weapon and was threatening but not actively shooting.
The suspect, in that case, Decharlos O. Brooks, has been charged with eight counts of assault with intent to murder, seven counts of resisting and obstructing, one count of carrying a risky weapon and 17 counts of felony firearm, according to the Wayne County Prosecutor's Officer.
"This is one thing we always deal with this situation - these situations always revolve around someone with a mental illness that's either untreated or something that they're responsible for self-treating which they do not treat".More news: Kim Jong-Un Invites South Korea's President To Summit Meeting
- 'Frank, candid' talks held with Moon, says Pyongyang
- South Africa's ruling ANC to finalise talks on Zuma's future
- Joint Olympic team makes history for two Koreas
- Barnaby Joyce 'resisted' removing girlfriend Vikki Campion from office
- Instagram Testing Screenshot Alerts
- Iraq Seeks $88.2 Billion For Reconstruction After Years Of War Against ISIS
- Dutchman claims third straight gold
- Gigi Hadid slams body shamers
- Sensex rebounds 295 pts on positive global cues
- Twitter Makes A Profit, For The First Time Ever