Dahlmeier earned her second straight gold medal at these Olympics by winning the women's 10 pursuit at the Alpensia Biathlon Centre in PyeongChang, South Korea.
It is the first time in Winter Olympics history that a competitor has won both biathlon events, and is the first athlete to pick up two medals during the Pyeongchang games.
With that tally of golds he joins alpine skier Jean-Claude Killy on three Olympic titles, a French all-time record.
Dahlmeier made the most of it, speeding away from her rival to open up an unassailable lead, stopping only to fire off a final salvo of five flawless shots before cruising to victory.More news: US IOC member suggests joint Korean team for Nobel Peace Prize
She said: "It feels really great, it's wonderful. I just stuck to my plan, and I was so happy when I crossed the finish line", she told reporters.
Dahlmeier missed just once in her four visits to the shooting range to help her hold off Anastasiya Kuzmina, who claimed the silver medal. I felt really, really exhausted before the race and also during the race in the first laps.
It was Dahlmeier's coolness on the range that saw her to victory in the end.
"It's the same in any pressure race".More news: Let's Make Technology A Means Of Development, Not Destruction: Modi In UAE
"It's always, always about your mind, it's always about if you believe and today it was for (a) sure really good fight for gold but for silver I am also happy".
"I took a bit more time than my opponent to shoot my first ammunition, then when I realised that I'd shot clean, I knew I was the only one who would decide who would be the Olympic champion".
The German's absence from the head of the pack did not last long, however, and Kuzmina's hopes were dashed when she missed two targets amid strong winds at the third shooting stage.
Meanwhile, bronze medallist Bescond acknowledged that Dahlmeier had raised the bar to new levels for her fellow biathletes this season.More news: Kim Jong Un invites South Korean president for summit: South Korea
- Australia captain Smith wins second Allan Border medal
- Anthony Scaramucci If Kelly Lied About Porter ... He's Gotta Go
- The Coca-Cola Co (KO) Shares Bought by Cornerstone Capital Inc
- Fox commits to Sky News independence in bid to seal takeover
- Rugby stars questioned over assault declare
- Foles, Eagles shock the world with Super Bowl win
- Pakistani Taliban senior commander confirmed killed by United States drone
- Pep Guardiola: 'Vincent Kompany will lift Premier League title'
- US Secretary of State arrives in Cairo to start Mideast tour
- Turkey's relations with U.S. at make-or-break point - Mevlut Cavusoglu