One persons has been killed and 12 people have been injured in an attack by a knife-wielding man in a busy shopping mall in the Chinese capital, Xnhua reported.
The attack reportedly took place in the Xidan district during lunchtime on Sunday, not far from Zhongnanhai, the headquarters of the Communist Party and the Chinese government.More news: Encounter underway in Srinagar's Karan Nagar
Three men and 10 women were sent to hospital after the attack and one woman died of her injuries, police said. The police caught a "suspect" who went on the stabbing spree, injuring unknown number of people at a shopping mall in downtown, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted police as saying. Video footage circulated on the Internet showed blood spattered on the floor in part of the mall.
Authorities usually blame such attacks on mental illnesses or personal grievances.More news: A 17-Year-Old Snowboarder Chloe Kim To Dominate Winter Olympics 2018
Knives are commonly used because gun controls in China are extremely strict. He said he had committed the attack "as an expression of dissatisfaction", but he did not specify what. Police shot dead four of the attackers.More news: Rahul Gandhi seeks apology from RSS for 'insulting' remarks on Indian Army
- Mattis says North Korea can't drive wedge between South, US
- Zeid urges worldwide action as violence soars in Syria
- South Korea's chief invited to North Korea
- Researchers develop new malleable e-skin self-healable, recyclable
- AbbVie Inc (ABBV) Shares Sold by JNBA Financial Advisors
- Russian figure skaters win Olympics silver in team competition
- Amid Opposition boycott, Jaya's portrait unveiled in TN Assembly hall
- These Olympic Athletes Are Using Tinder At The Winter Olympics
- Pence `Encouraged' by Talks With South Korea's Moon at Olympics
- Air India Flight to Ahmedabad Aborts Takeoff After Fire Warning