Sunday, 25 February 2018
Latest news
Main » Haryana to withdraw cases against Jats

Haryana to withdraw cases against Jats

12 February 2018

At a joint press conference addressed by Khattar, Malik and Union Minister Singh after the meeting, it was conveyed that Rajya Sabha MP Bhupendra Yadav, who too met the Jat organisations' delegation on Sunday, has assured them to take up the Jat reservation issue with the Union government.

Senior INLD leader said, "We will ask him why Sutlej-Yamuna Link Canal is not being completed despite clear directions from the Supreme Court. We are holding a high-level meeting tomorrow", he added. "We will go to him and ask as why their government is betraying our community", said media reports quoting Malik.

Notably, the Haryana government had recently given its nod to the withdrawal of 70 FIRs registered in connection with the February 2016 Jat quota stir violence. AIJASS is also demanding to withdraw the cases against the community members and suitable compensation should be given to those who were injured while the quota issue stir a year ago. The forces were requisitioned by the state government following a call by All India Jat Arakashan Sangrash Samiti (AIJASS) to hold a parallel public meeting in Jind, in a show of protest against the not-fulfilment of their demands. The Jats reportedly plan to block the one lakh bike rally with almost 50,000 tractor trolleys.

More news: Instagram are testing out Snapchat-style screenshot notifications

So far, the Government has approved withdrawal of 223 cases, in which a total of 2,027 persons are accused. Dismissing the Haryana government's move to withdraw criminal cases, Malik said: "Successive governments have been fooling us with such petty tactics". Cases pertaining to heinous crimes like murder were not to be withdrawn. Our agitation stands as per schedule.

This week, the state government chose to initiate the process for withdrawing cases against at least 850 protesters who were made accused in several dozens of FIRs. Government has also assured that they will be passing a Bill in Parliament regarding granting reservation to Jat community in government jobs and educational institutes.

Tanwar accused the Khattar government of creating a diversion by the withdrawal of the case and said, "BJP wants to confuse the people of Haryana, who are up in arms against its national president".

More news: Why Pakistan's censor board finds Pad Man against Islamic culture

"The BJP governments in Centre and Haryana have failed to deliver on all fronts, especially giving jobs to the unemployed".

Yashpal Malik president of the All India Jat Aarakshan Sangharsh Samiti, the organisation that has been guiding the Jat agitation in Haryana, is still not impressed by Haryana government's move to withdraw criminal cases.

For security assistance ahead of Amit Shah's visit, 150 companies of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) has been requested by the Haryana government in a letter to the central government.

More news: Rahul Gandhi seeks apology from RSS for 'insulting' remarks on Indian Army

Haryana to withdraw cases against Jats