It comes after the Cheddar Man - the name given to the oldest complete skeleton found in the United Kingdom - was revealed to have dark skin. The research made waves for overturning often-held assumptions that early Britain founders are fair-skinned.
Adams called Nehlen as a "sick man".More news: Philippines Bars Citizens From Working in Kuwait, Citing Abuses
The Republican Party politician, who is a candidate for a seat in the Congress, posted an image of Markle with the Cheddar Man pasted over her face. Speaking about leaving her acting career behind her, in her first joint TV interview with Prince Harry, Meghan said: "I don't see it as giving anything up, I just see it as a change..." He posted the image on Twitter with a caption, apparently attributed to Harry, which read "honey, does this tie make my face look pale?"
Others took aim at Mr Nehlen and accused him of posting "racist tweets".
Patrick J Adams has defended his former Suits co-star Meghan Markle and commended her "power and compassion" following a "sick" and racist post directed at the actress by United States politician Paul Nehlen. Nehlen quickly became viral, sparking outrage from both sides of the pond.More news: Shoppers 'vote with wallets' as Aldi tops survey
Nehlen, a supporter of Donald Trump who is now campaigning for election in Wisconsin, later defended the image and tweeted: "Publishing an article *disappearing whites* or *dispossessing whites* of their homelands is wrong; made worse when claiming "science" to "prove" whites never existed".
Nehlen is campaigning to replace House Speaker Paul Ryan as representative of Wisconsin's 1st Congressional district in November's primary. "Much love." Fans were quick to comment on the image, with one writing, "This is so cute", while another said: "Made me cry".
He previously challenged Ryan in 2016, and was trounced by the centrist Republican. The people on the list reached out to his campaign to complain.More news: Twitter Makes A Profit, For The First Time Ever
This is not the first time Nehlen's account was suspended by Twitter.
- Trump To Unveil $1.5 Trillion Infrastructure Plan Days After Signing Massive Budget
- Joint Olympic team makes history for two Koreas
- Barnaby Joyce 'resisted' removing girlfriend Vikki Campion from office
- South Africa's ruling ANC to finalise talks on Zuma's future
- 3 killed in Grand Canyon sightseeing helicopter crash; survivors rescued
- Instagram Testing Screenshot Alerts
- SFO charges Barclays over £2.2bn Qatar loan
- Jordan Clarkson makes first basket with Cavaliers in debut vs. Boston
- Hawks fans taunt Cavs with epic LeBron chant
- Boston Celtics: Concern sets in following blowout loss to Cavs