Nevertheless, in her final post, Hadid stated she was unwilling to explain how her body looks to other people any longer, even though, ironically, she wrote a 1000-word essay on precisely that topic.
She penned: 'For those of you so determined to come up w why my body has changed over the years, you may not know that when I started @ 17 I was not yet diagnosed w/Hashimoto's disease; those of u who called me "too big for the industry" were seeing inflammation & water retention due to that'.
The model - who has walked for Bottega Veneta and Prabal Gurung this weekend - dismissed speculation that her weight loss has had anything to do with drugs.
Eventually, the model underwent medication and a holistic medical trial that helped balance her thyroid levels and calm down the many symptoms of her disease.More news: Gophers ladies crush Penn State, begin homestand on excessive be aware
"I may be "too skinny" for you-honestly this skinny isn't what I want to be-but I feel healthier internally and am still learning and growing with my body every day, as everyone is".
"Although stress and excessive travel can also affect the body, I have always eaten the same", the model stated.
She wrapped up her statement with: 'I will not further explain the way my body looks...stop putting me in that box just because u dont understand the way my body has matured'.
Gigi Hadid will not stand for body shaming of any kind.
Gigi then urged people on social media to be more compassionate and consider that they may not have all the facts, rather than being "cruel".More news: Wenger won't rest stars in Europe League
But the former Victoria's Secrets angel wasn't having any of it.
But Gigi Hadid appeared in high spirits at the Maybelline party in NY on Sunday- just hours after her Twitter rant.
The girlfriend of Zayn Malik also said that =she's consistent with her eating and her slim figure 'isn't what I want it to be'.
Her messages, which garnered tens of thousands of likes, were also retweeted by her younger sister Bella.More news: Instagram Testing Screenshot Alerts
- Dutchman claims third straight gold
- UP: Student beaten to death after minor argument
- Haryana to withdraw cases against Jats
- In Interview, Trump Casts Doubt on Palestinians' Desire to Make Peace
- Hawks fans taunt Cavs with epic LeBron chant
- Kim Jong-Un Invites South Korea's President To Summit Meeting
- More than 200 civilians dead after bloody week in Syria
- Conte: It's been a 'disaster' convincing Chelsea board to sign players
- SFO charges Barclays over £2.2bn Qatar loan
- Russian figure skaters win Olympics silver in team competition