In a league that's desperate for effective starting quarterbacks, more than a few teams will come knocking on general manager Howie Roseman's door offering a deal for the Super Bowl MVP. The team just took part in their Super Bowl parade on Thursday, celebrating the organization's first ever Super Bowl title with almost a million fans.
Five years and two teams later, Foles was back as Philadelphia's backup and seemed ready to prove himself on his own redemption tour. Foles threw for 373 yards and 3 touchdowns in the Eagles' victory and even caught a touchdown pass from Trey Burton at the end of the first half of the game.
"If I'm the Eagles, I'm not moving Foles - at least not right now", the GM said, speaking on the condition of anonymity.More news: Trump To Unveil $1.5 Trillion Infrastructure Plan Days After Signing Massive Budget
The 29-year-old quarterback stepped into prominence again with Philadelphia after Carson Wentz went down with a season-ending knee injury in Week 14. On one hand, Wentz's injury and Foles' success illustrate the importance of depth behind center.
The defensive line of Philadelphia, the backbone of a stout defense this season, will be returning next year largely intact, and the architect of that side of the ball, defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz, should be back as well.
The Eagles embraced their underdog status against the heavily-favored Patriots, and used it to their advantage, scoring early and often against the Patriots - the game as a whole only featured one punt.More news: Turkey's relations with U.S. at make-or-break point - Mevlut Cavusoglu
But as often as the World Champion Birds dipped into their past Thursday afternoon, they also cast a glance toward the future. It's just the reality of being a Patriot. The backfield of Carson Wentz and Jay Ajayi has room to grow together, and the team still has a first-round talent in Sidney Jones stowed away from a year ago to bolster the ranks. The Patriots are still going to be a title favorite next year. It will be interesting to see what the Eagles do with Foles.
Despite these impending decisions, the city of Philadelphia can now celebrate knowing they won the Super Bowl.
I was in the minority of sportswriters a week ago, when I picked the Eagles as my Super Bowl LII champions.More news: Redmi Note 5 India Launch is Scheduled for February 14
- Iraq Seeks $88.2 Billion For Reconstruction After Years Of War Against ISIS
- North's 'army of beauties' seduces as Koreans' Olympics debut ends in tears
- Deadly Flu Season In Full Swing, Up To 4000 Weekly Deaths Recorded
- GOP Candidate Branded 'Sad' and 'Sick' for Meghan Markle Tweet
- Joint Olympic team makes history for two Koreas
- South Korea's Leader May Be on Brink of Legacy-Defining Moment
- Peter Rabbit film producers apologise over allergy scene
- Pakistani Taliban senior commander confirmed killed by United States drone
- Boston Celtics: Concern sets in following blowout loss to Cavs
- Jordan Clarkson makes first basket with Cavaliers in debut vs. Boston