The five-year-old boy who died in hospital after he fell into a river in Ballymena, County Antrim, has been named locally as Kayden McGowan-Fleck.
According to the Mirror, the boy was a pupil at Harryville Primary School, who released a statement this evening.
The Ballymena natives remembered their boy, describing him as their "happy-go-lucky" son who "just melted your heart".
They described Kayden and his twin brother, Jayden, as "the two musketeers".More news: Australian sites among thousands hacked to include mining script
Kayden was recovered alive from the river and airlifted to the Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children, but he died shortly after.
In a statement on Facebook, the school said it was "a very sad time".
"NIAS dispatched an A&E crew, a BASICS doctor and the Air Ambulance to the scene to assist in a multi-agency search and rescue for the boy".
At least four PSNI Land Rovers, firefighters and Community Rescue Service volunteers were also involved in the operation which began at the Ecos Centre, a nature park off the Broughshane Road.More news: Barcelona coach Valverde calm after Getafe stalemate
CRS regional commander Sean McCarry said the child had been "swept away quite fast with it (the river)" and that "he was travelling quite a distance".
They added that he was later found near Tullaghgarley, he was then taken to a nearby hospital, but unfortunately he was sadly pronounced dead a short time later.
"I would like to thank everyone involved in the search effort and extend my sincerest condolences to the family at this time".More news: Could a North Korean athlete defect to South Korea during the Olympics?
- Rahul Gandhi seeks apology from RSS for 'insulting' remarks on Indian Army
- London City Airport Shutdown After Discovery Of WWII Bomb
- S. Korean president's approval rating stays high ahead of Winter Olympics
- N Korean 'First Sister' Returns Home After Sensational Appearance at Olympics
- Huddersfield boss Wagner delighted with 'huge win' over Bournemouth
- North and South Korea parade together at Winter Games 2018
- Brazil legend Ronaldo wants Neymar in Madrid
- House GOP to Continue Dossier Probe Without Memos
- US wants to privatize International Space Station
- White House to Roll Out Trump Infrastructure Plan