Jammu and Kashmir has been witnessing series of attacks on security establishments both along the Line of Control and the International Border as well as in the interior regions.
A CRPF man who was injured in initial exchange of firing succumbed to injuries, a police officer told GNS.
Earlier around 4.30 am, at least two terrorists were spotted by an alert sentry at the observation post of 23rd battalion of the CRPF in Karan Nagar area. "He challenged them and opened fire as well".More news: Wenger understands players better than Mourinho — Henrikh Mkhitaryan
The CRPF personnel opened fire and the militants fled from the spot.
As of now, the building has been cordoned off.
According to senior CRPF officials, there were two militants.More news: Brazil legend Ronaldo wants Neymar in Madrid
It may be recalled that two days ago, armed terrorists had stormed the Sunjuwan Army camp in Jammu, killing five security personnel and one civilian.
"Immediately search operation of the camp periphery launched", he said.
Earlier, CRPF has claimed to have repulsed the attack, however sources said that the militants had reportedly managed to sneak inside a building adjacent to the CRPF camp of 23 bn at Karanagar. They were followed up with attacks in Kathua and Samba of Jammu division.More news: House GOP to Continue Dossier Probe Without Memos
A constable of the CRPF has been killed in the ongoing gun fight in the Karan Nagar area of Srinagar. Loud gunshots can be heard intermittently, as security forces engage with two terrorists hiding in a building, close to the hospital.
- Rahul Gandhi seeks apology from RSS for 'insulting' remarks on Indian Army
- These Olympic Athletes Are Using Tinder At The Winter Olympics
- S. Korean president's approval rating stays high ahead of Winter Olympics
- 3rd Women's ODI: India lose to South Africa by 7 wickets
- N Korean 'First Sister' Returns Home After Sensational Appearance at Olympics
- Mattis says North Korea can't drive wedge between South, US
- Why Tyga wants a DNA test done on Kylie's first born baby
- Barcelona coach Valverde calm after Getafe stalemate
- North and South Korea parade together at Winter Games 2018
- White House to Roll Out Trump Infrastructure Plan