Jammu and Kashmir has been witnessing series of attacks on security establishments both along the Line of Control and the International Border as well as in the interior regions.
A CRPF man who was injured in initial exchange of firing succumbed to injuries, a police officer told GNS.
Earlier around 4.30 am, at least two terrorists were spotted by an alert sentry at the observation post of 23rd battalion of the CRPF in Karan Nagar area. "He challenged them and opened fire as well".More news: House GOP to Continue Dossier Probe Without Memos
The CRPF personnel opened fire and the militants fled from the spot.
As of now, the building has been cordoned off.
According to senior CRPF officials, there were two militants.More news: Brazil legend Ronaldo wants Neymar in Madrid
It may be recalled that two days ago, armed terrorists had stormed the Sunjuwan Army camp in Jammu, killing five security personnel and one civilian.
"Immediately search operation of the camp periphery launched", he said.
Earlier, CRPF has claimed to have repulsed the attack, however sources said that the militants had reportedly managed to sneak inside a building adjacent to the CRPF camp of 23 bn at Karanagar. They were followed up with attacks in Kathua and Samba of Jammu division.More news: Liverpool emerge as favourites to sign out-of-favour Real Madrid star
A constable of the CRPF has been killed in the ongoing gun fight in the Karan Nagar area of Srinagar. Loud gunshots can be heard intermittently, as security forces engage with two terrorists hiding in a building, close to the hospital.
- Huddersfield boss Wagner delighted with 'huge win' over Bournemouth
- US wants to privatize International Space Station
- London City Airport Shutdown After Discovery Of WWII Bomb
- S. Korean president's approval rating stays high ahead of Winter Olympics
- Mattis says North Korea can't drive wedge between South, US
- Why Pakistan's censor board finds Pad Man against Islamic culture
- SGX looks to avoid India's Nifty licence limits
- Could a North Korean athlete defect to South Korea during the Olympics?
- North and South Korea parade together at Winter Games 2018
- Why Tyga wants a DNA test done on Kylie's first born baby