Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has insisted that the growing speculation surrounding his potentially uncertain future at the club is not affecting his players, claiming it would have been the case from the opening day of the season if that were true.
Conte led Chelsea to the Premier League title last season, but their failure to replicate last season's form has led to questions about the size and quality of the squad, with the side in fifth on 50 points, 22 behind leaders Manchester City. My task is to try and improve every single player, in every aspect. "In terms of their mentality also. for this, I'm very good", Conte was quoted as saying by British media.
"Honestly I don't think talk about my future can affect the players", he added.More news: Encounter underway in Srinagar's Karan Nagar
"In this aspect I can improve a lot". When I was the coach of Juventus, he was Roma's coach. Yes.
"I think that I'm the type of coach who, if I have a player who is a six [out of 10], I bring him to an eight".
When it was put to Conte that he might be too adept at improving players for his own good when it comes to convincing his clubs to spend more, he replied: "You are not the first person to suggest this, to tell me this".More news: Rahul Gandhi seeks apology from RSS for 'insulting' remarks on Indian Army
That occurred when Conte was at Juventus and while Enrique - who is now on a break from management after leaving Barcelona - was in charge of their Serie A rivals Roma. I have to learn a lot from the other coaches, the other managers, in that aspect.
However, the Daily Mirror have now revealed the huge financial hit Chelsea will have to take if they do decide to part ways with the former Juventus coach.
"We are talking about a team that is fourth in the league [before the start of the weekend fixtures], is preparing to face the game against Barcelona, we are in the FA Cup competition and we reached the semi-final of the Carabao Cup", he explained. I have spoken with him, " said Conte. I have, usually, a great respect.More news: AbbVie Inc (ABBV) Shares Sold by JNBA Financial Advisors
- White House: Trump 'shocked' by domestic abuse claims against ex-aides
- 'We are at WAR' Turkish helicopter SHOT DOWN in Syria killing soldiers
- Australian sites among thousands hacked to include mining script
- BJP will form next government in Tripura: Amit Shah
- More than 200 civilians dead after bloody week in Syria
- Banks inquiry's first focus on lending
- Zeid urges worldwide action as violence soars in Syria
- These Olympic Athletes Are Using Tinder At The Winter Olympics
- House GOP to Continue Dossier Probe Without Memos
- Why Pakistan's censor board finds Pad Man against Islamic culture