The original move from January's nationals can be seen at the 2:26 mark in the video below.
In the slightly altered version Virtue still executes the legs-around hold but only very briefly before dipping one limb down and then dismounting.
Moir has reportedly called the move "suggestive".More news: Pence: Allies remain united on N. Korea
Moir insists that the tweak to the routine is for aesthetic, not sexiness, reasons.
The new position is similar, but has a few minor modifications to make it a little more family-friendly.
"We wanted to make a bit of a different statement, and if that was bringing a certain edge or sexuality or darkness or a contemporary feeling to it, mission accomplished I guess", Virtue said at the Vancouver championships, according to The Canadian Press.
"But for the overall vision of the program, we hope that this new position fits a little better".More news: Amid Olympic Détente, Pence Snubs North Koreans In Visit To Pyeongchang
The three-time Winter Olympic medalists chose to adjust their routine, which had dominated the 2018 Canadian Skating Nationals in January.
Of the performance, Moir told the Toronto Star, "I think edgy would probably summarize most of the program quite well and that's what we were going for".
The Toronto Star reported that "The Canadian Press was leery of moving photos which captured the pose", and that the pair will cool down the routine when they compete in South Korea. The legendary ice dancing pair received ideal scores for this performance.
The 27-year-old, who had struggled with his jumps in the team event's short program, landed the first two quads of his free skate, earning him a season's best score of 179.75 points. Virtue herself jokingly referred to the lift as "porno" in a previous interview. Whether the choice to change the lift is purely artistic or is meant to help tone down the "suggestive" program, it's safe to say that Moir and Virtue aren't taking any chances in letting gold get past them.More news: Israel not on Tillerson's itinerary as Secretary of State begins MidEast tour
- Kim Yo Jong Fascinates, And Puzzles, In South Korea
- 49ers LB Reuben Foster Arrested For Domestic Violence
- US, S.Korea agree to maintain pressure on N. Korea
- Duke snaps losing streak by dropping Georgia Tech
- Kim Cattrall calls out Sarah Jessica Parker for 'exploiting' brother's death
- Winter Olympics 2018: South Korean figure skater Yura Min's wardrobe malfunction
- North Korean media print pictures of South's Moon
- United States shares snap larger a day after coming into a 'correction'
- Kim Jong Un invites South Korean president for talks in the North
- Here's everything awesome from Paul Pierce's jersey retirement ceremony