"For my standards, I had a pretty poor one-day year and it perhaps reflects a lot of the results we've had in one-day cricket", he said.
Steve Smith has been awarded the Allan Border Medal for the second time in his career. It's unlikely to be Smith winning either of them though and his closest rival for the Allan Border Medal, David Warner, is likely to be in the reckoning again.
Smith is going to win the Allan Border Medal and Test player of the year - that's a given.
Off-spinner Nathan Lyon rounded out the top three on 156.
In regards to being named Test Player of the Year at the Allan Border Medal ceremony, Smith accumulated 1,305 runs in the longest format during the voting period at an average of 81.56. As expected David Warner and Steven Smith stole limelight within a plethora of superstars that included Shane Warne, Belinda Clark, Karan Rolton and Ricky Ponting.More news: US Vice-President Mike Pence raises prospect of talks with North Korea
Smith amassed 1754 runs in 24 Tests and one-dayers at an average of 67.46 during the voting period, from January 8 last year to January 8 this year.
Perry won her first Belinda Clark Award two years ago and looks unstoppable for the second, despite solid claims from batter Beth Mooney and bowler Megan Schutt.
Shortly before he succeeded Clarke as Australian skipper, Smith became the Test Player of the Year in 2015.
Perry's unbeaten 213 against England in November is the third-highest women's Test score and broke the Australian record.
He was also named the ICC Test Cricketer of the Year last month.More news: Anthony Scaramucci If Kelly Lied About Porter ... He's Gotta Go
But Smith beat Lyon 32 votes to 16, adding to his 2015 win in the category. Obviously, expect him to also take out the award for Test player of the year.
While the Aussies only played five T20 matches during 2017, the race for player of the year appears to be between Aaron Finch and Adam Zampa.
George Bailey and Mooney were named the top domestic players, while Jhye Richardson won the Bradman men's young player category and Georgia Redmayne took out the Betty Wilson young women's player honour.
The votes from the three formats were weighted for the Border Medal.More news: Mark Bly Acquires 15000 Shares of Baytex Energy Corp (TSE:BTE) Stock
- Pep Guardiola: 'Vincent Kompany will lift Premier League title'
- The Coca-Cola Co (KO) Shares Bought by Cornerstone Capital Inc
- Peter Rabbit film producers apologise over allergy scene
- Turkey's relations with U.S. at make-or-break point - Mevlut Cavusoglu
- Pakistani Taliban senior commander confirmed killed by United States drone
- Kim Jong Un invites South Korean president for summit: South Korea
- Foles, Eagles shock the world with Super Bowl win
- Rugby stars questioned over assault declare
- Aaron Blake: White House's broken promise on Democratic memo
- Fox commits to Sky News independence in bid to seal takeover