The Blues would also give the Blues more time to identify a long-term replacement with the likes of ex-Barcelona man Luis Enrique and Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri on their radar.
"If I don't remember badly, there were two teams to fight for the title - the two Manchester clubs".
Conte, as short as 1-4 to be the next Premier manager to be sacked, sang the praises of Enrique, who is now on a sabbatical.
Even if he survives Chelsea's current slump in form, Conte is widely expected to leave Stamford Bridge at the end of the season following months of tension with the club hierarchy about transfer policy. Paris Saint-Germain too though, interest Enrique apart from Arsenal. Because, for sure, if they want to try and win, the most important thing is to have good players.More news: Air India Flight to Ahmedabad Aborts Takeoff After Fire Warning
Conte, whose contract expires next year, was quoted as saying in The Guardian: "You continue to work with a manager or coach not because of what he achieves in one season but because you trust in him".
But widespread reports in the British media on Tuesday claimed former Juventus and Italy manager Conte is now expected to remain in charge for Monday's (Feb 12) game against West Bromwich Albion.
Asked if another coach could do a better job with the Chelsea squad, Conte responded: "I don't know".
"Obviously I have to respect Chelsea, who made a huge effort to sign me and I'm very happy here", he said.More news: SpaceX's rocket check wasn't a whole success - however was shut
Chelsea FC won the Premier League title with two games to spare last season after the Blues finished seven points clear of Tottenham.
"We understand that, when you lose two games in a row, the situation is not simple".
Asked if it is unusual to see somebody he likes linked to his job, Conte added: "At the start, you started to speak about Carlo Ancelotti".
And Pardew believes the Premier League champions have suffered in part due to the departure of the Brazil-born Spain striker, who hit 20 goals last season before returning to Atletico Madrid.More news: Haryana to withdraw cases against Jats
Conte laughed at a suggestion that he should stop improving his players and replied: 'You are not the first person to tell me this'. "I've been here before at this club - it's about staying calm". 'When you've got one of those at the top of the pitch they're very hard to replace'.
- Dutchman claims third straight gold
- In Interview, Trump Casts Doubt on Palestinians' Desire to Make Peace
- White House: Trump 'shocked' by domestic abuse claims against ex-aides
- Knife-wielding attacker kills 1, injures 12 in Beijing shopping mall
- Conte: It's been a 'disaster' convincing Chelsea board to sign players
- Hawks fans taunt Cavs with epic LeBron chant
- Russian figure skaters win Olympics silver in team competition
- Jordan Clarkson makes first basket with Cavaliers in debut vs. Boston
- Kim Jong-Un Invites South Korea's President To Summit Meeting
- South Africa's ruling ANC to finalise talks on Zuma's future