She will attempt to win her first Olympic gold medal on Monday.
In the absence of a truly transcendent athlete such as figure skater Kim Yuna, South Koreans are looking to claim Kim as one of their own. "I think this is the craziest place I've been with all these cameras".
"My goal here was to land every run I do in the contest and I've landed two so far, so three to go!" "It's kind of a insane coincidence".
Kim Jong-jin was with his wife, two other daughters and Chloe's aunt at Phoenix Snow Park in PyeongChang, some 180 kilometers east of Seoul, to see Chloe's Winter Olympics debut in the women's half-pipe event. Under Chinese zodiac, Chloe is born in the year of the dragon.More news: US wants to privatize International Space Station
"This is the best scenario ever", she said.
"By the time I was six I would blow down the mountain and be sitting at the bottom of the lift, waiting for my dad to do all of his dainty turns and come meet me", Kim told Sports Illustrated. "I gave her some Nike gear and she was really excited - so grandma, stay warm for me!"
Team USA's Chloe Kim hitting some air. The 17-year-old, also a four-time X Games champion, now tops the International Ski Federation Snowboard half-pipe rankings.
Kim who is a California native said, "My parents are really excited about it, and it's some insane luck that my first Olympics are going to be in Korea where my parents are from".More news: London City Airport Shutdown After Discovery Of WWII Bomb
In the recent years, Kim's achievement shows that she has dominated the women's half-pipe.
But for now, she's just soaking in her first Olympics.
"Just trying on the team uniforms was so surreal and I nearly started crying because I was like 'you made it!' We basically went through hell and back to get here - I haven't been home in forever", Kim added.
If Kim, who is 17, puts down the flawless performances she's known for at the Winter Olympics, she could become the youngest female snowboarder to win Olympic gold.More news: Amid Opposition boycott, Jaya's portrait unveiled in TN Assembly hall
"When I was home I'd be home for half a day to repack and get on the plane again so it's been a insane journey".
- Barcelona coach Valverde calm after Getafe stalemate
- Liverpool emerge as favourites to sign out-of-favour Real Madrid star
- Zeid urges worldwide action as violence soars in Syria
- Could a North Korean athlete defect to South Korea during the Olympics?
- Winter Olympics 2018: Snowboarder Jamie Anderson gives Team USA its second gold
- 'We are at WAR' Turkish helicopter SHOT DOWN in Syria killing soldiers
- Mattis says North Korea can't drive wedge between South, US
- House GOP to Continue Dossier Probe Without Memos
- 3rd Women's ODI: India lose to South Africa by 7 wickets
- Adam Schiff: Republicans' Hypocrisy on FISA Memos 'Grabs You By the Throat'