Foster also was booked into Santa Clara County Jail on suspicion of possessing an assault rifle, the Mercury News of San Jose, California, reported.More news: 5 dead after 'horrific murder spree' in Johnson County
Calls to the Los Gatos-Monte Sereno Police Department were not immediately returned Sunday.
In early January, Foster was arrested and charged with with second-degree marijuana possession in Tuscaloosa, home of his alma mater, the University of Alabama.More news: Trump aide's abuse scandal bruises White House
General manager John Lynch had previously said the 49ers were attracted to Foster for his enthusiasm and passion for the sport. But in the second half of the season, Foster was on the field for every game, and San Francisco went 6-2.
Foster has issues leading up to the NFL Draft. However, the 49ers traded up to select him No. 31 overall after he fell because of character and medical concerns.More news: Pratt & Whitney engine issue could ground some planes
All of those issues puts Foster in the crosshairs of the league's substance abuse and conduct policies and could mean a suspension is forthcoming. We all know how special of a player he can be when he's right. "When you start talking football with this young man, he lights up a room, and he's a good kid". Last spring, cornerback Tramaine Brock was arrested on domestic violence and immediately cut by the team. "We take matters of this nature seriously and are gathering all pertinent information", the team said in a statement, per NBC Sports Bay Area.
- Arsene Wenger snaps back at Martin Keown's jibes after Tottenham defeat
- North Korea stages show of force with new missiles during parade
- Winter Olympics 2018: What to watch Saturday, Feb
- Turkish soldiers killed, 11 injured in Afrin
- Historically, North And South Korea's Talks Haven't Accomplished Much
- Trump's Bold Memo Snub Risks High-Stakes Standoff with Dems, Feds,
- France presses Russian Federation over Syria as more die in besieged rebel area
- The US Government Shut Down… Again
- Winter Olympics 2018: Snowboarder Red Gerard wins Team USA's first gold medal
- Heading home, Pence insists 'no daylight' on North Korea