A Foreign Office spokeswoman said: "We are providing support to the families of six British visitors involved in a helicopter accident at the Grand Canyon on February 10, and we are in close contact with the USA emergency services".
NTSB investigators determined the probable cause of the 2001 crash was pilot error.
Three people died when a EC-130 helicopter operated by sightseeing tour company Papillon Airways went down at 5:20 p.m. (7:20 p.m. ET) Saturday near Quartermaster Canyon, within the Grand Canyon on the Hualapai Nation.
"We are providing support to the families of six British visitors involved in a helicopter accident at the Grand Canyon on February 10, and we are in close contact with the United States emergency services", a Foreign Office spokeswoman said.
"It is with extreme sadness we extend our heartfelt sympathy to the families involved in this accident".More news: Kim Jong-un invites South Korea's President to Pyongyang (Second Lead)
Fujimoto says he then saw two women: One was covered in blood and bleeding from her neck.
Fujimoto says a few bystanders descended into the gulch to try to help the victims. A second person suffered burn injuries and no information was provided regarding the two other patients.
It was in the Grand Canyon West area when it came down at around 17:20 local time (00:20 GMT) on Saturday.
Hualapai Police chief Francis Bradley said: "It's a very tragic incident".
The identities and nationalities of the seven aboard weren't immediately released.More news: Hawks fans taunt Cavs with epic LeBron chant
The FAA and the National Transportation Safety Board will investigate.
Authorities say a tour helicopter has crashed in the Grand Canyon, killing three people. The other four were injured, and were still being treated at the scene.
According to its website, the Las Vegas-based company flies about 600,000...
Allen Kenitzer with the FAA Office of Communications confirmed in an email that the helicopter, a Eurocopter EC130, "crashed under unknown circumstances in the Grand Canyon".More news: Joint Olympic team makes history for two Koreas
- Trump and Kim lookalikes cause a stir at Pyeongchang Olympics
- NASA probe "New Horizons" snaps farthest-ever photo from Earth
- SFO charges Barclays over £2.2bn Qatar loan
- Dutchman claims third straight gold
- Fiorentina-Juventus, le probabili formazioni. Marchisio dal 1′
- Olympic Results: Germany Leads Medal Count
- Barnaby Joyce 'resisted' removing girlfriend Vikki Campion from office
- Philippines Bars Citizens From Working in Kuwait, Citing Abuses
- Kim Jong-Un Invites South Korea's President To Summit Meeting
- South Africa's ruling ANC to finalise talks on Zuma's future