Virginia was given the top No. 1 overall seed.
The Kansas Jayhawks have been projected to receive a No. 2 seed by the NCAA Tournament selection committee. That ranking would make Duke a No. 2 seed in the NCAA tournament. If they Spartans win out to finish their regular season and then go on to win the Big Ten Tournament, they would improve their case to be a top-2 seed or better in the 2018 NCAA Tournament.More news: Paul Ryan says not to doubt his 'real commitment' to DACA
The Blue Devils were widely thought to be a strong candidate for a No. 1 seed before last Saturday's stunning loss to St. John's, and the defeat against the Tar Heels Thursday night made matters worse. They did not, however, say it was impossible.
Virginia may not be the No. 1 team in the nation when the Associated Press poll is released on Monday, but the Cavaliers are No. 1 where it counts. "I really think this Texas Tech team is one to really keep an eye on no matter what it looks like a month from now when we reveal the bracket". "All those wins that those teams racked up in November still matter".More news: Man texts 'LOL' in group text as woman dies from overdose
With Selection Sunday exactly a month away, Duke may not have as much work to do as many expected to play its way into a top seed. Clemson and Texas Tech rank ahead of Michigan State while North Carolina is at No. 12.
Michigan State - which now holds an overall record of 24-3 and has gone 12-2 in Big Ten play - was not ranked a No. 1 or No. 2 seed.More news: McConnell announces budget deal to avoid government shutdown
After that, the Jayhawks will return to Allen Fieldhouse for arguably their two biggest games of the season - Saturday vs.
- Ligue 1: Confident PSG ready for Real Madrid - Emery
- Serena Williams won't play Fed Cup Saturday singles matches
- Priest and worshippers hurt in sword attack in Indonesian church
- North Korean leader calls for meeting with South Korean president
- Eleven Turkish troops die, chopper down in deadliest day of Kurdish offensive
- Indian PM lays wreath on arch-terrorist Yasser Arafat's grave
- Turkish helicopter downed in Syria's Afrin - Erdogan
- Turkish jets resume airstrikes over Syrian Kurdish enclave
- SLFP backed by Mahinda Rajapaksa takes lead in local body elections
- White House Reneges On Trump's Promise To Release Democrats' Memo