Virginia was given the top No. 1 overall seed.
The Kansas Jayhawks have been projected to receive a No. 2 seed by the NCAA Tournament selection committee. That ranking would make Duke a No. 2 seed in the NCAA tournament. If they Spartans win out to finish their regular season and then go on to win the Big Ten Tournament, they would improve their case to be a top-2 seed or better in the 2018 NCAA Tournament.More news: Eleven Turkish troops die, chopper down in deadliest day of Kurdish offensive
The Blue Devils were widely thought to be a strong candidate for a No. 1 seed before last Saturday's stunning loss to St. John's, and the defeat against the Tar Heels Thursday night made matters worse. They did not, however, say it was impossible.
Virginia may not be the No. 1 team in the nation when the Associated Press poll is released on Monday, but the Cavaliers are No. 1 where it counts. "I really think this Texas Tech team is one to really keep an eye on no matter what it looks like a month from now when we reveal the bracket". "All those wins that those teams racked up in November still matter".More news: McConnell announces budget deal to avoid government shutdown
With Selection Sunday exactly a month away, Duke may not have as much work to do as many expected to play its way into a top seed. Clemson and Texas Tech rank ahead of Michigan State while North Carolina is at No. 12.
Michigan State - which now holds an overall record of 24-3 and has gone 12-2 in Big Ten play - was not ranked a No. 1 or No. 2 seed.More news: Paul Ryan says not to doubt his 'real commitment' to DACA
After that, the Jayhawks will return to Allen Fieldhouse for arguably their two biggest games of the season - Saturday vs.
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic nears return as Manchester United vow to keep fighting
- Openly gay Catholic school teacher in Miami fired after getting married
- White House Reneges On Trump's Promise To Release Democrats' Memo
- Indian PM makes historic visit to Palestine
- Valencia 0 Barcelona 2 Copa del Rey (0-3 on aggregate)
- Serena Williams won't play Fed Cup Saturday singles matches
- Priest and worshippers hurt in sword attack in Indonesian church
- Trump signs bill ending USA government shutdown
- Pence will use Olympics to push tougher stance on North Korea
- Ligue 1: Confident PSG ready for Real Madrid - Emery