The minister's remarks came as a response to Congress MP Renuka Chowdhury moving a privilege motion against him for allegedly sharing a video of PM Narendra Modi mocking her laughter in the Rajya Sabha. Yesterday, during the reply, Modi had questioned the Congress's claim of being the originator of the biometric ID Aadhaar when he said that the then Home L K Advani had in 1998 spoken about an all-purpose ID in This led to Chowdhury bursting into loud laughter.
"There were hashtags like #LaughlikeSurpankha, #Lolisapasse and #LaughLike RenukaChowdhury".
After reminding Prime Minister Narendra Modi of a certain character from Ramayana, Congress leader Renuka Chowdhury has now transformed into a character from another epic - Mahabharata. But he forgets that the women today have changed and they know how to speak for themselves. In a tweet, he had said: "Renuka ji, I fail to comprehend in which way did I insult the women dignity?"More news: No disagreements with Russian Federation over Syria operation: Turkish FM
The two parties have been embroiled in a war of words ever since Chowdhury laughed during Modi's speech in the Rajya Sabha four days ago.
"However, Rijiju had held that there was nothing wrong in the video that he had posted".
"What was alluded to is shameful".More news: Amazon Taps NBC's Salke To Lead Amazon Studios
"This is the first time we are hearing such laughter after the "Ramayana" serial", Modi said.
"The prime minister is silent on that, which is again not only obnoxious, outrageous but condemnable".
Rijiju later clarified that he was "only referring to how PM didn't get annoyed". Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu had caked her out and told her to "go see a doctor" for her "unruly behaviour".More news: Narendra Modi launches project to build Abu Dhabi's firts Hindu stone temple
- United Nations chief calls for immediate de-escalation in Syria
- Sam Allardyce expects Everton response to mauling by…
- La Corea del Nord invita Moon a Pyongyang
- Indian PM lays wreath on arch-terrorist Yasser Arafat's grave
- SLFP backed by Mahinda Rajapaksa takes lead in local body elections
- Pence: 'No daylight' between U.S. , allies on North Korea
- Iran Offers Condolences to Hong Kong on Bus Crash
- Rabita Committee sacks Dr Farooq Sattar as MQMP convener
- Kyle Busch leads Joe Gibbs Racing sweep in first Daytona 500 practice
- Russian speed skater Semen Elistratov dedicates Winter Olympics medal to compatriots