A 19-year-old man in a Seattle suburb was charged Friday with second-degree rape, manslaughter and controlled substance homicide after police say he raped a high school student as she was dying from an overdose and then texted explicit photos of her to friends.
Valera has been charged with rape, manslaughter and homicide by controlled substance.
Brian Varela, 19, is alleged to have sexually assaulted Alyssa Mae Noceda, 18 when she passed out after the pair took drugs together. But by Sunday morning, she was dead.
USA media reports he is accused of taking a picture of the teen's naked body and sending it in a group text to friends saying: "LOL I think she od'd, still breathing".More news: Valencia 0 Barcelona 2 Copa del Rey (0-3 on aggregate)
However, while she was dying, Varela texted photos of her to his friends. "I'm smashing her to pass the time".
During the evening, the woman snorted Percocet and ingested liquid marijuana before collapsing in Varela's room, authorities said.
Varela told deputies he washed the body to try to remove DNA evidence and went online to research how to get rid of a body, according to the reports. He allegedly showed her body to his roommate, who later recalled to the police that the victim appeared stiff and had foam around her mouth.
Instead of calling police, as his roommate suggested, Varela went to work a double shift at a local Dairy Queen.More news: Pence: 'No daylight' between U.S. , allies on North Korea
The suspect's roommate reportedly told police that he saw Noceda alive after 9 p.m. on Saturday night.
The suspect reportedly claimed that he had put Noceda's body in a plastic box and planned to bury her.
Police in Lynwood, WA, say he later boasted even more about his alleged victim's shocking death, bragging 'She died having sex with me'.
Alyssa's mum Gina Person said: "She was just an innocent 18-year-old girl, having fun, and (she) was taken advantage of". While at work, Varela told another employee about the incident he'd stuffed the body into a plastic crate, according to the coworker's story. He claimed he was too scared to call the authorities.More news: Indian PM lays wreath on arch-terrorist Yasser Arafat's grave
Valera told police that after Noceda died, he used her thumb to access her cellphone and sent a message from her Snapchat account to make appear to family members that she'd run away. He has not entered a plea following his Tuesday arrest and he's being held in Snohomish County jail on $500,000 bond.
- Russian speed skater Semen Elistratov dedicates Winter Olympics medal to compatriots
- Second White House official resigns amid domestic violence accusations
- No disagreements with Russian Federation over Syria operation: Turkish FM
- Iran Offers Condolences to Hong Kong on Bus Crash
- Coastline Trust Co Has $4.81 Million Holdings in Kimberly Clark Corp (KMB)
- Turkish jets resume airstrikes over Syrian Kurdish enclave
- Ligue 1: Confident PSG ready for Real Madrid - Emery
- McConnell announces budget deal to avoid government shutdown
- Eleven Turkish troops die, chopper down in deadliest day of Kurdish offensive
- Indian PM makes historic visit to Palestine