Said that since the start of 2018, at least 11 children who attended Save the Children-supported schools, as well as one of the teachers, have been killed, the report said.
During an exclusive interview with Kurdistan 24 in an undisclosed military headquarters in Afrin, YPG's Brusk Hasaka stated that Ankara's hopes to invade the Kurdish region swiftly failed as his fighters put up what he described as "the resistance of our time" in Syrian Kurdistan (Rojava).
Eastern Ghouta is home to an estimated 400,000 people who have lived under crippling government siege since 2013.
"Children in eastern Ghouta are being starved, bombed and trapped", said Sonia Khush, the group's Syria Response Director.
The World Food Programme, in an interview with Reuters on Thursday, reiterated the call for a cessation of hostilities to enable aid deliveries, but also noted that the Syrian government was not giving necessary permits to delivery aid.
The two governments also crossed swords over US-led air strikes that hit forces allied to the Damascus regime in eastern Syria late on Wednesday and early Thursday.Читайте также: Helicopter carrying at least 7 people crashes in Grand Canyon
"The frustration is two-fold".
On Jan. 20, the Turkish Armed Forces, together with the Free Syrian Army, launched the Operation Olive Branch in Afrin, Syria. The battlefield is shifting as demonstrated by a deadly barrage of American air and artillery strikes on a shadowy attacker.
The Turkish military in a statement did not specify a reason for why the helicopter fell.
YPG sources separately confirmed the downing of the helicopter and YPG media unit uploaded a video to social media website purporting to show one of the Turkish helicopters flying over hilly area near Afrin being struck.
Turkey said it launched the operation to target "terrorist organizations", including YPG forces.
But the state-run news agency Anadolu said the incident happened in the southern border province of Hatay, with the private Dogan news agency saying authorities were trying to reach the wreckage in the Kirikhan district.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Second White House official resigns amid domestic violence accusations
- Ligue 1: Confident PSG ready for Real Madrid - Emery
- Kyle Busch leads Joe Gibbs Racing sweep in first Daytona 500 practice
- VP Pence: US, South Korea, Japan Committed To Ending NK Threats
- Kim Jong Un invites South Korean President Moon to Pyongyang
- Guardiola excludes Mahrez from his wishing list
- Russia, Turkey to enhance military coordination in Syria
- Tom Brady Reflects On Super Bowl Loss In Emotional Instagram Post
- Syrian warplanes kill 59, injure 139 in Eastern Ghouta, monitor says
- Ranveer Singh raises price, matches Deepika Padukone