Obdulia Sanchez has been sentenced to six years and four months in prison for driving drunk while livestreaming the crash that killed her younger sister.
Obdulia Sanchez, 19, was sentenced after being convicted of vehicular manslaughter and DUI for the crash that killed 14-year-old Jacqueline Sanchez last July.
The crash happened in July near Los Banos when authorities said Sanchez was under the influence when she rolled her vehicle over, into a barbed wire fence and then a field near Henry Miller Road and Highway 165 outside of Los Banos in Merced County.More news: Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) EPS Estimated At $0.10
The prosecutor says Sanchez deserved the maximum sentence of 12 years, and the video is the proof.
A young woman in California has been sentenced to more than six years in prison for driving drunk while livestreaming the crash that killed her younger sister.
"I'm just exhausted of hurting the people I love", said Sanchez. Suspect's family says she was on Instagram Live during crash. I f-king love my sister to death.More news: CAS decision on Russian appeal on Friday
'I think this video can get a lot of people to think twice about using their phones while driving now'.
In the video she streamed to Instagram live, Sanchez identified the girl who died as her sister.
"It's not easy for us", said Nicandro Sanchez, the father.More news: Duke Realty Corp (NYSE:DRE) Shares Sold by Quantitative Systematic Strategies LLC
Samrao said thanks to prop 57 Sanchez might get out of prison in 2020. But then she was ordered to rehabilitiation and was succeeding with the help of counseling, eventually becoming a model student at a group home, becoming class president and graduating high school early.
- Long Term Trend - Petroleo Brasileiro SA - Petrobras (PBR)
- Qualcomm rejects Broadcom hostile bid, opens door to talks
- Scott Boras clients will not attend the MLBPA spring training camp
- Concho Resources (CXO) Downgraded by SunTrust Banks to "Hold"
- Amazon.com, Inc. (AMZN) Shares Sold by Pinnacle Financial Partners Inc
- Nate Diaz has his sights on an opponent for UFC return
- Eagles' Nick Foles Called 'Philly Special' Trick Play In Super Bowl Himself
- Jessica Biel Starting Sex Education Lessons with 2-Year-Old Son
- Automotive Exhaust Systems Market Projected Growth of 3.9% CAGR by 2027
- Tesla suffers record fourth quarter loss