But McGregor can't stop thinking about Floyd Mayweather. The 33-year-old will tangle with Nurmagomedov later this year for what UFC president Dana White describes as a fight that will decide the "true champion" of the lightweight division - having refused to confirm if McGregor might even be stripped of his belt before those two meet at UFC 223 in April. McGregor answered typically, "I'd do as I pleased against him inside the octagon!"
McGregor says he is in negotiations for his next UFC fight, but could that be a decoy?
Tony Ferguson, who has a black belt from renowned submissions expert Eddie Bravo at 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu, fights unbeaten wrestler Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 223 in April - and the victor will likely be front of the line to take on McGregor.
Conor McGregor hasn't stepped into the MMA octagon since November 2016, when he beat Eddie Alvarez for the UFC Lightweight Championship.More news: North Korean flag flies in South before Olympic Games opens
Fans who watched the fight late past year might also recall that McGregor, fresh from his loss after the tenth round, issued a rematch challenge to the undefeated boxer, according to Sky Sports. "I think he would get his earned respect". "But if he does do it - I know he's flirting with it - I would have respect for him".
"If it is (all talk), it will follow him for the rest of his days that he did not do it".
Mayweather recently posted a video of himself strolling into an octagon and strutting around, but it remains incredibly unlikely that the 50-0 boxer would come out of retirement in a completely alien sport.
"I'm now in negotiations to face my next opponent", McGregor said.More news: Valuation Metrics Under Consideration: Activision Blizzard, Inc. (ATVI), Oracle Corporation (ORCL)
Other options include Nate Diaz, which would be a popular choice with many fight fans after two previous box office bouts between the pair.
"Of course the Mayweather fight is there", McGregor said.
"There's many options (and) we're at the table at the moment. There's the current interim lightweight champion, there's an undefeated Daegestani, that may be a big Russian event, there's obviously the Nate Diaz trilogy", he said. "Time's is good. Life is good." . But it's been a while since we've seen McGregor do what he does best.
"I went into his game".More news: Japan Authorities Raid Coincheck After $500 Million Heist
- Stone tools yield cultural complexities discovered in India
- Long-term Capital Gain Tax may hit investors in the short term
- Amazon Earnings - Bezos' Steamroller Continues Inexorably On
- CHAN Final To Be Broadcast Live On DStv, GOtv
- China to send largest ever delegation to 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics
- Alphabet, Chevron among stocks in the red in broad market retreat
- Wesbanco Bank Inc. Sells 72343 Shares of Mondelez International Inc (MDLZ)
- US calls for new nuclear weapons as Russia develops nuclear-armed torpedo
- Which Insiders Are Selling Celgene Corporation (CELG)?
- Murphy Oil Corporation (MUR): Are There Still Some Opportunities On The Horizon