After a successful second leg outing against local rivals Espanyol in the Copa del Rey 2017-18 quarter finals, Barcelona are looking to cross another big hurdle in the form of Valencia in the two-legged semi finals. The Uruguayan striker after securing the win for his side reckoned that the Copa del Rey is not over yet and anything can happen in the ninety minutes which are left to be played in the second leg.
The Copa final is on April 21. They lost to Barcelona in the final in 2016.
Valencia are clearly going through a rough patch at the moment and it would take something really special from los Che to surprise high-flying Barcelona at Camp Nou.
"A 1-0 win isn't much, but there's the plus that they haven't scored", said Suarez.More news: Samsung Galaxy J8 (2018) spotted in benchmark listings
Club-record signing Philippe Coutinho started the match from the bench before he was introduced approaching the hour-mark.
Nelson Semedo, Ousmane Dembele, Thomas Vermaelen and Andre Gomes are all ruled out due to injury.
VALENCIA, SPAIN - NOVEMBER 26: Rodrigo Moreno of Valencia CF celebrates after scoring his team's first goal during the La Liga match between Valencia and Barcelona at Mestalla stadium on November 26, 2017 in Valencia, Spain.
Successive league defeats to Las Palmas and Real Madrid have halted Valencia's progress somewhat but Valverde is wary of the threat posed by Marcelino's side.More news: José Mourinho Finally Concedes Title Race Is Over
These include defenders Jeison Murillo, Ezequiel Garay.
Geoffrey Kondogbia and Ezequiel Garay should be fit to play, but star winger Goncalo Guedes is nearly certain to miss out.
Barcelona had 79% possession in a first half where despite their dominance of the ball they were unable to trouble Jaume Domenech in the Valencia goal.
The cup clash was the Argentine's eighth outing since the conclusion of the winter break 25 days ago, in which he has failed to complete the full 90 minutes just once.More news: Counter-Strike co-creator Jess Cliffe arrested, suspended by Valve
- Kim K sent Valentines Day gifts to all her haters
- Hideki Matsuyama goes for rare three-peat at Phoenix Open
- Forward Olivier Giroud Completes Move from Arsenal to Chelsea
- Dennis Smith Jr. to compete in 2018 Verizon Slam Dunk
- Four senior-most SC judges assigned important cases in new roster
- TDP calls meet over Budget
- Syrian regime targets E. Ghouta with gas: White Helmets
- Poland "using the Turkish way" by approving Holocaust law: historian
- Mario Kart coming soon to smartphones
- Tom Brady's MVP Acceptance Speech Appeared To 'Leak' In Plain Sight