The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), which is engaged in anti-militancy operations in Jammu and Kashmir, the Northeast, and often deployed in internal security duties, has been allocated Rs 0.20 trillion for 2018-19, in comparison to Rs 0.18 trillion given in 2017-18.
According to a document of the Budget for 2018-19, the allocation has been significantly hiked for "Regional Directors, Official Liquidators and Other Expenditure with reference to various bodies under Companies Act".
Apart from this, the grant for the Delhi Disaster Response Fund has remained unchanged with an allocation of Rs 5 crore.More news: USA disregards Odinga as Kenya's President
An amount of Rs 500 crore will be transferred to the Nirbhaya Fund, which was set up to enhance the safety of the women.
Rs 42.8 billion has been allocated for development of police infrastructure, including constructions of barracks, residential quarters, purchase of vehicles, arms and ammunition.
"Last year, the Budget under the Nirbhaya Fund was more because it included expenditure on infrastructure".More news: Copa del Rey semi-final in the balance, insists Barca's Suarez
Fifty per cent construction work of the convention centre, which will include two halls, is expected to be completed by March 2019.
Jaitley also announced an increase in the allocation of National Rural Livelihood Mission to Rs 5,750 crore in 2018-19; a large portion of this goes towards providing loans to women Self Help Groups (SHGs). "To create cultural space, infrastructures for showcasing various performing art forms and to enhance people participation in cultural activities", he said in speech. An amount of Rs 2,594 crore was granted past year to the programme, which aims to benefit 51.6 lakh women. A sum of Rs 24 crore has been assigned for the National Commission for Women in 2018-19, lower than the Rs 25.60 crore allocated in the current fiscal.
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation has been sanctioned Rs 114 crore for construction, expansion and Completion of additional corridors under Phase-3 of Delhi Metro. For Lady Hardinge Medical College and Sucheta Kriplani Hospital, it is Rs 410.74 crore vis-a-vis Rs 406.49 crore in the previous Budget.More news: Liverpool boss discusses Van Dijk and latest injury news
- Selena Gomez Shows How to Sport a Pretty Dress Like a Tomboy
- Ben Simmons snubbed again for NBA All-Star game
- PlayStation 4 Cumulative Sales Top 76.5 Million, But YoY Numbers Are Down
- The Spice Girls Are Reportedly Reuniting for a Business Meeting!
- MEN IN BLACK Is Getting Completely Rebooted
- Trump's first State of the Union draws 46 million viewers
- Apple's Phone Sales Decrease But Tim Cook Declares iPhone X a Hit
- CBS and Viacom form special committees to evaluate possible combination
- John Rutherford describes impact, aftermath of Virginia train crash
- Mount Sharp photobombs Mars rover selfie