Belichick coached under Parcells for two seasons with the Jets, from 1997-99, and left under tense circumstances, though Parcells said Friday he doesn't want the scene to be construed in the wrong way.
In the closing minutes of the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary "The Two Bills," which aired Thursday night and details the relationship between Bill Belichick and Bill Parcells during their intertwining National Football League coaching careers, both Belichick and Parcells refuse to enter the Jets locker room at MetLife Stadium following their joint interview.
"I went up there and it was good", Belichick said.More news: US Extends Temporary Protected Status for 7000 Syrians Living In the US
"We're all sitting there watching the show and then all of sudden there's me and (former Vikings assistant) Floyd Reese", said Steckel, who watched in Keystone, Colo., with his wife Chris and six other family members. "Both of us moved on and it resolved itself".
"That was a tough year for the Giants, for Bill [Parcells]", Belichick said.
Before Bill Belichick won any of his seven Super Bowl rings (two as Giants defensive coordinator, five as Patriots head coach), he almost joined the Vikings as an assistant coach under Les Steckel in 1984.More news: Was a missing person until someone noticed her
Bill Parcells, who coached the Jets for three seasons, explains why he didn't want to go into Jets locker room when he filmed the new documentary for ESPN. I hope he never leaves. "No, I'm not going in there", Parcells says. So I knew Floyd from when we coached together with the Lions. He says, 'Les, I need to tell you something. "And when the year was over, Les Steckel had become the head coach at Minnesota and Floyd Reese was also there". "I loved Floyd and Les and all that and I really appreciated Bill giving me that opportunity". I thought it was a done deal.
"That probably is what made me want to stay more than anything", Belichick told ESPN. During interviews, in his cutoff hoodies and cutoff shirts, Belichick looks like the most cranky coach in all of sports.More news: Turkey: Tax office blast caused by bomb, attacker killed
- EU's Brexit negotiator heads to London for transition talks
- Six Nations 2018: Scotland captain John Barclay wary of 'hugely motivated' Wales
- Nehal Hashmi arrested, disqualified for five years
- Rotten Tomatoes To Counter Effort To Tank 'Black Panther' Score
- 'I'm a good guy who made a bad decision'
- The Temptations lead singer Dennis Edwards dead at 74
- Premier League clubs smash January transfer window record by double
- Prince William touched by fan's memory of his mother, Princess Diana
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Steals the Show in Gorgeous Pink Cape Gown
- Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome to step down following the 2018 season