In a Wednesday interview, the Charles in Charge star pushed back against former co-star Nicole Eggert's allegations that he molested her during their time together on the show, when she was still a minor.
Alexander Polinsky, a cast member on Charles in Charge, told Megyn Kelly Today that he saw "inappropriate cuddling" between Eggert and Baio. Baio has insisted that Eggert was 18 years old when they had intercourse.
"How any of this could have happened is absolutely impossible".More news: Black US lawmakers wear kente cloth to protest Trump's vulgar comment
"Only after Nicole Eggert was proven to be dishonest in her "sex at 17" allegations did she create a new story about sexual contact at an even younger age", the statement continues.
On Tuesday, Eggers took her story to NBC's "Megyn Kelly Today", where she said she and Baio had sex when she was 17.
"He immediately took to me and befriended me and earned my trust, and then he started expressing his love for me and talking about marriage in the future", she alleges.
Eggert previously alluded to this incident on Twitter, writing on Saturday, "Ask @scottbaio what happened in his garage at his house when I was a minor". After their sexual experience, Eggert claims, Baio began treating her poorly, being "mean".
Baio says that wouldn't bother him because he didn't do anything wrong. She said that Baio would look for opportunites to cudle her or simply be alone with her. She said she kept quiet about the alleged abuse as she wanted to protect the show.More news: H&M's store closure plan raises doubts on sales revival
He says Eggert "makes up" things, and he's "not the first person" to become a target.
"I don't know what they're saying". My job is to defend my daughter. "Her job is to be 10 years old, and that's why this has got to stop". Eggert and Bloom told Kelly that Eggert is considering filing a police report against Baio and is exploring other legal options as well.
"I don't know if you've ever been on a sitcom set", Baio told anchor Amy Robach, "but on any given day, on every day and especially (on) "Charles in Charge" - which was like a picnic every day, it's one of my favorite jobs I've ever done - there's teachers, parents, family, crew, producers, my dad".
"Why would I have a concern over something I didn't do?" he said.More news: James Harden's 60-point triple-double is fourth best performance since 1983
- EasyJet (EZJ) Given a GBX 1800 Price Target by UBS Group Analysts
- 56 graft suspects still in detention; settlements valued at over SR400bn
- Train Carrying GOP Lawmakers Hits Garbage Truck In Virginia
- Michigan State names former Gov. John Engler as interim president
- Sydney seaplane was half a mile off course before fatal crash
- Lunar eclipse displays Wednesday morning to the west-northwest of Tulsa
- Stephanie McMahon announces WWE's first Women's Elimination Chamber Match
- Investors should wait to purchase stock: Twitter, Inc. (TWTR)
- Raymond James May Have Just Lost Faith in Range Resources (NYSE:RRC)
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan glad to be playing "offensive football" at Arsenal