He is an England youth worldwide having played at under-17, under-18 and under-19 level.
He has played twice for the Arsenal first team this season, in Europa League ties against Red Star Belgrade and Bate Borisov.More news: FEMA declares "mission accomplished" in Puerto Rico, announces departure
The talented midfielder was expected to have more opportunities under Wenger in the near future but he has instead chose to accept an offer from Barcelona to continue his career with the Catalans.
A Barcelona statement added: "McGuane's deal will keep him at Barca for three seasons, plus two option years. The buy-out clause has been set at €25m".
The youngster, who is due to turn 19 on Friday, has been a regular at Under-23 level for the Gunners and even captained the side shortly before each of his first-team games.More news: Rep. Gosar Calls for Arrest, Deportment of Illegals Attending SOTU
McGuane was also subject of interest from Rangers, but he turned them down.
The Gunners have often raided Barcelona's youth ranks over the years, landing the likes of Cesc Fabregas, Fran Merida, Julen Pleguezuelo and Hector Bellerin, but the Catalan giants have pulled off a similar move of their own.More news: Texas Rangers To Investigate Famed Karolyi Ranch In Wake Of Nassar Trial
- Mourinho asked whether Tottenham are on United's 'level'
- Pierre Agnes: Boardriders boss goes missing at sea in France
- Jaguars QB Blake Bortles underwent wrist surgery last week
- Kenyan opposition leader declares himself 'President'
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Bhumi Pednekar Play Dacoits In Sonchiriya, Sushant's Look Revealed
- Analytical Preview of Kinder Morgan, Inc. (NYSE:KMI)
- Oops: Guests invited to Trump's State of the 'Uniom'
- Trump puts Twitter aside as he prepares for big speech
- Andrew Luck nearly ready to throw again
- 2018's Scariest Horror Film Finally Receives A Trailer — Hereditary