The incident comes a day after a school bus was attacked in Gurgaon by a mob protesting the film "Padmaavat".
The incident took place around 8AM when two people who were on a bike followed a school bus, shot at it and kidnapped Class 1 child. Many schools near Delhi are shut today over security worries.More news: Women march in Las Vegas, another day of protest
Even as high security alert has been sounded in the national capital with heavy presence of the security personnel ahead of the Republic Day celebrations, a shocking incident of kidnapping has been reported from Delhi. The police official has informed that so far there has been no ransom call made by the kidnappers to victim's family.
They then entered the bus, grabbed the boy in front of his sister and about 20 others, and escaped, reportedly towards Uttar Pradesh. But they kidnapped that particular boy only which indicates somewhere of the planned kidnapping of the kid. An FIR has been filed and crime branch has also been roped in to crack the case, police said.More news: Divers discover rare red handfish off Tasmania
"We are probing the role of insiders as the kidnappers were aware about the child's routine", he said.More news: AMSC announces order of 5.5MW ECS for Doosan's offshore wind turbines
- Rob Gronkowski on Patriots' injury report with a concussion
- First pic of 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe revealed ahead of Geneva reveal
- Cuomo Chief Of Staff Testifies In Federal Corruption Trial Of Former Aide
- Possible New Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Variants Have Now Cleared 3C Certification
- World of Goo creators announce new puzzle game 7 Billion Humans
- Trump 'Looking Forward' To Mueller's Questions In Russia Probe
- Real Madrid Dumped Out Of Copa del Rey By Leganés
- Want to make films to improve India-China ties: Aamir Khan
- The Roots' Questlove responds to racial discrimination lawsuit
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Novelisation Includes Han Solo Funeral