But Monday's 3-0 win at home to Stoke, a result that meant United closed to within 12 points of Premier League leaders Manchester City, saw Pogba provide assists for goals by Antonio Valencia and Anthony Martial with well-judged passes. "We're quite a long way off that but the numbers have jumped the last couple of years, so who knows?"
Anthony Martial on target again as Manchester United win at Burnley
Chris Smalling and Phil Jones line up together at centre-back for United once again with Eric Bailly still injured.
"So every player you then phone about has miraculously gone considerably up in value because they'll say "well if he's worth that our players must be somewhere near as good as that".
"We are definitely a team that has improved, in my opinion".More news: Guardiola salutes 'outstanding' Manchester City
Sean Dyche made some attacking changes, which included loan signing Georges-Kevin Nkoudou, but United survived to claim an important three points from a game that could be their last before Sanchez's arrival and only a good save from Nick Pope denied Martial an impressive second goal.
Mourinho added, "I think he's happy, he's happy the way the team is playing - very adapted to him".
"I'm frustrated because I want to win and so do my players", he said.More news: Arsene Wenger delivers verdict on Mesut Ozil's future at Arsenal
"You can have a tough run like we have had and lots of different margins can define a game - decisions, injuries".
Dyche, however, felt his side performed as well as their second-placed counterparts for much of the game.
"He's a possibility, there's a few players we've been linked with, and a few we're interested in, so we'll have to wait and see".More news: American Coleman breaks 60m indoor world record
- Shirtless Tongan Rio 2016 flagbearer qualifies for Winter Olympics
- All the action from day six of Australian Open
- Britain's pro-Brexit party UKIP passes no confidence vote in leader
- South Koreans not happy for joint hockey team
- Clemson Picks Up First Ever Win Over Notre Dame, 67-58
- Alert for significant freezing rain issued
- And near Trump's home - women march in show of political force
- Pence kicks off Middle East tour
- Mulvaney: Chances of government shutdown are '50-50′
- How an immigrant to Canada helped Donald Trump prove his mental health