There were no reports of casualties or damage.
The Houthi rebels said on their Al Masirah television channel that they had fired two missiles at Saudi border provinces but there was no immediate mention of a second from the Saudi-led coalition that has been fighting them since 2015.
On the ground, Emirati-trained government troops and coalition forces have been advancing along the Red Sea coast in a drive to retake the rebel-held port city of Hodeida, which is a key entry point for humanitarian supplies.More news: Watch Aly Raisman's Powerful Testimony Against Larry Nassar
The rebel faction that is in control of late has been lobbing missiles into Saudi Arabia targetting the holy cities and Riyadh.
This hostile act proves the Iranian regime's ongoing support of the armed Houthi group and its armament with substantial capabilities in defiance of United Nations resolutions, he declared.
The firing of ballistic missiles against populated cities and villages is a violation of International Humanitarian Law, stressed Maliki according to SPA.More news: Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel May Be Expanding Their Family Very Soon
Colonel Al-Maliki renewed his call for the worldwide community to take more serious and effective steps to stop Iranian violations, including continued smuggling and the transfer of ballistic missiles and weapons to terrorist groups, and to hold them accountable for their defiance of global norms and values.
DEFENCE Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said he will attend an emergency meeting of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) on Sunday to discuss Yemen's attacks on Saudi Arabia.
A UN Security Council-appointed panel confirmed the missile was manufactured in Iran, along with three other missiles fired from Yemen toward the Kingdom in 2017.More news: Trump weighs in on immigration, funding talks: 'Working on it'
- Ceasefire violations: Pakistan summons Indian Deputy HC
- Turkish shelling marks start of Afrin operation, minister says
- Lambert off to a flier as Stoke win at last
- Turkish jets strike Kurds in Syria as the United States urges calm
- White House doctor gives Trump clean bill of health
- Boil water advisory lifted for the East Bank of Jefferson Parish
- US President Donald Trump claims he's 'not a racist' after controversial remark
- North Korean delegation arrives in South Korea for Olympics prep
- Dogs found in Turpin family home to be raffled for adoption
- Heatwave Strikes Australia, Tourists Saved by Boat from Bushfire