The Seattle-based tech giant released its list of 20 finalists for its new $5 billion headquarters on Thursday morning, including major cities like New York, Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago and many more.
Last September, the company set out to find a suitable location for its second headquarters and residents of Alabama were quick to throw Birmingham and other Alabama cities into the ring as possible options.
You can't count on amazon creating 50,000 high-paying jobs in Louisiana.More news: US won't pay $45 million pledged for Palestinian food aid - for now
The University of Miami, along with Miami-Dade College and Florida International University, worked with the city's Beacon Council - Miami-Dade County's official economic development partnership - to submit a proposal to Amazon Oct. 18.
The company tweeted a message Thursday morning that it had narrowed the search down from nearly 240 cities down to 20. According to numerous reports, the cities named on January 18 are: Atlanta; Austin; Boston; Chicago; Columbus; Dallas; Denver; Indianapolis; Los Angeles; Miami; Montgomery County, Md.; Nashville; Newark; New York City; Northern Virginia; Philadelphia; Pittsburgh; Raleigh, N.C.; Toronto; and Washington, D.C.
"Through this process, we learned about many new communities across North America that we will consider as locations for future infrastructure investment and job creation", her statement continued.More news: Andy Carroll faces injury spell, ending links to Chelsea
Amazon expects to make it's final decision sometime this year.
For more information about Amazon's HQ2, visit www.amazon.com/ amazonHQ2.More news: Cormark Comments on Canadian National Railway's FY2017 Earnings (CNR)
- Aldi to BAN under 16's from buying this product
- Trump Staff "Irrational" About Immigration: Senior Republican Senator
- Players turn up the heat on Australian Open weather policy
- Holding out hope for a good DACA deal
- New York Mets Invite Tim Tebow to Major League Spring Training
- JC Penney Company Inc (JCP): +DI Recorded Above
- Manchester United initiate talks with David De Gea over new long-term contract
- Analysts See $1.09 EPS for Magellan Midstream Partners, LP (MMP)
- Despite hand injury, Tom Brady attends Patriots practice
- FO summons Indian diplomat over cross-LoC firing