The buses suffered window damage, perhaps from a BB gun or rock, Montiel said.
"This is a serious issue because if this happened to distract the driver - the driver could collide and we could have a multiple vehicle crash at the same time it could cause major injuries to the passengers of the bus and other drivers", said Officer Montiel.
Windows have been smashed on five buses used to shuttle Apple employees around the San Francisco Bay Area in suspected pellet gun attacks during the past several days, the Guardian reported Wednesday.
The CHP says they are working with other law enforcement agencies and Apple's security team since the majority of the buses have been transporting their people.More news: Sabra Health Care REIT, Inc. (NASDAQ:SBRA) Shares Dip Under Moving Averages
Apple told staff that its commuter buses would be diverted away from the I-280 highway until further notice.
"The outside glass of the window broke, but the object didn't go into the bus".
According to Officer Montiel it's unclear what the objects were. Three more were hit on Tuesday morning, followed by another "attack" on Tuesday evening, according to an email sent to Apple staff and seen by the Guardian.
The tech giants operate free shuttle services between San Francisco and their offices in Silicon Valley, at least an hour's drive south.More news: Energizer Pays $2B For Spectrum's Battery Biz
All of the incidents happened on Tuesday on Interstate 280 between Highway 84 near Woodside and Highway 85 near Cupertino. No one was injured in the incidents. "If someone was targeting the buses I'm sure they are going to find them anywhere they go".
As always, the safety of our employees is our first priority.
Mashable has been unable to verify that claim, and CHP says it is investigating the matter.
"We know it's not a high-powered rifle or anything like that", Montiel said.More news: Cubs re-sign LHP Brian Duensing to two-year, $7M deal
- New Residential Investment (NRZ) Releases Q4 Earnings Guidance
- Gattuso's Milan revel in Coppa win
- France will not allow another 'Jungle' in Calais: Macron
- Shabana Azmi Tried To Take A Jibe At BJP's Victory, Got Trolled
- Insider Activity of T-Mobile US, Inc. (NASDAQ:TMUS)
- What Are Analysts Opinions On Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY)
- GOP senator says reports of Trump's 's***hole' remarks 'gross misrepresentation'
- Disney Walt Co (DIS) Holder Ruffer Llp Has Lifted Its Position
- Father 'followed intuition' and called helicopter to save his son
- Original Character Android 21 To Be Playable In Dragon Ball FighterZ