As Lebanon bans this movie and continues to slander and incite hatred against the Jewish state, Lebanese moviegoers need to hear The Post's stirring message of freedom more than ever, that truth should never be feared, that we should all think for ourselves and not be blindly led into war or conflict or hatred. A spokesperson for Spielberg is yet to comment on the reported ban. It seems that anything remotely connected to Israel can get banned in Lebanon. Lebanon is officially at war with Israel. Over the last three years, at least five movies he either directed or produced have been approved for distribution in Lebanon, including such global hits as BFG and Bridge of Spies.
What seems especially incongruous is that Lebanon is one of the few countries in the Arab world still vigorously boycotting Israel, Raidy said.More news: South Africa to formally protest Trump's 's---hole countries' remarks
Spielberg is not an Israeli citizen.
General Security - in addition to controlling Lebanon's borders - is responsible for censoring films, plays, and books.More news: Boy Scratched by Bat & Infected with Rabies Dies
It has been critically acclaimed, receiving six nominations at the 75th Golden Globes Awards, including Best Director for Spielberg and Best Actress and Actor for Streep and Hanks respectively.
They made a decision to ban the film in accordance with laws obliging Lebanon to enforce the Arab League's boycott of Israel.
Previously, in 2017, the Lebanon government also banned the film "Wonder Woman" because its star, Gal Gadot, is an Israeli citizen, according to the Hollywood Reporter. The war left more than 2,200 Palestinians dead, according to United Nations figures, and killed more than 70 Israelis.More news: Haryana Becomes Fourth State To Ban The Release Of Padmaavat
Lebanon also banned a movie by French-Lebanese filmmaker Ziad Doueiri in 2013, named The Attack, for using the shooting location of Tel Aviv and employing Israeli actors in the main roles.
- FCC says appears Hawaii had no safeguard to stop missile scare
- What's The Story Behind Whiting Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:WLL)
- Abbas condemns Trump's 'deal of the century,' Israel's 'killing' of Oslo Accords
- Face Unlock and Support for Airtel VoLTE on OnePlus 3 and 3T
- Clippers fans welcome Chris Paul back with mix of boos, cheers
- Rohingya deal aims to repatriate refugees 'within two years'
- Behind Enemy Lines: FPC Patriots Mike D'Abate Talks Titans
- Glowing Red Lava Rolls Down Slopes of Philippine Volcano
- Twitter Reacts As City's Unbeaten Streak Is Destroyed By Liverpool
- Cyberpunk 2077 trailer playable at E3 this year say rumours