It seems like the "Instagram Stories feature" is not the only new thing coming to WhatsApp.
WhatsApp's "Dismiss as Admin" feature is presently available in the beta version of WhatsApp for Android and is in the process of development on iOS.
Prior to the introduction of this feature, the admin had to be removed from the group and added back as an ordinary member again in order to revoke his rights as an admin.More news: Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime Details Leaked Ahead of Launch!
Called 'Dismiss As Admin, ' the new upcoming feature will allow one group administrator to dismiss another, without removing him/her from the group.
If you're an admin of a group chat, you'll be able to access the feature simply by tapping Group Info.
WhatsApp is reportedly testing a new button in group chats that will allow one administrator to "demote" other administrators, without first deleting them from the group and then adding again as normal participants.More news: Tom Brady becomes oldest NFL QB to ever win a playoff game
These group chats are created by the group admin who controls and monitors the conversation.
Another group centric feature now in testing phase that came to light was private replies within a group chat.
Besides, WhatsApp may give group administrators more powers where they would be able to restrict all other members from sending text messages, photographs, videos, GIFs, documents or voice messages.More news: 5 pointless gadgets from CES 2018 that you will totally want anyway
The message will need to be approved by the administrator before going through to the rest of the group. "We've looked at this issue carefully", the spokesperson added.
- Ford will unveil 40 hybrid, electric vehicles within 4 years
- British American Tobacco (BTI) Rating Increased to Buy at Zacks Investment Research
- PUBG on Xbox One patched with new control options
- African Union demands apology from Trump over 'shithole' remarks
- Goa files arguments at Mahadayi tribunal on dispute with Karnataka
- Paul Lambert appointed Stoke City's new manager after impressing during weekend talks
- Son Heung-min happy to support Spurs striker Kane
- Sapphire Star Partners LP Invests $757000 in Cisco Systems, Inc. (CSCO)
- Personal Capital Advisors Corp Grows Position in Microsoft Co. (NASDAQ:MSFT)
- LLC Cuts Holdings in Facebook Inc (FB)