"I like Oprah", Trump told ABC News in June 2015. Best known as the host of her multi-award-winning talk show "The Oprah Winfrey Show", which ended in 2011, Winfrey is also the founder of the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa.
Spielberg, who was in London promoting The Post, referenced Winfrey's over 30 years of experience as a talk show host, and how she has cultivated different points of view.
Winfrey, in September and October, publicly dismissed the notion of seeking the nation's highest office, though she noted that Trump's victory made her rethink the requirements of the office.
That's when our strategist says someone like Winfrey could leverage more prominent candidates to support causes important to her on the condition that she'd join them rather than trying to beat them.More news: North Korea accepts proposal for talks next week on Olympics
And in a 1999 interview with Larry King, he said she would be "always be my first choice" for a running mate.
However, King does not think she is actively considering it at this time, TIME reports. "It would be a pretty good ticket". Winfrey said to a standing ovation and even some tears in the audience.
On Tuesday, King also clarified the comments by Oprah's longtime partner Stedman Graham, saying he misinterpreted a reporter's question about her White House aspirations.
Trump did not fail to offer praise to a possible political rival.
"She is crackerjack on the money on women's issues and I call her the ambassador of empathy", he continues.More news: Coutinho and Mina Mark the Arrival of New Dawn at Barcelona
Going on he said campaigning against her would be "a lot of fun".
"I think we need more role models like her that are speaking to young women and trying to restore some hope. And if I did decide to do it, I would say I'd have a hell of a chance of winning". "She loves this country and would like to be of service in some way". "At the same time, politics is ridiculous right now". "I think it was a homerun on many levels".More news: England win toss as Hales returns; Tye debuts for Australia
- Racist Homework Asks 9-Year-Olds Three 'Good' Reasons For Slavery
- Novak Djokovic dominates Dominic Thiem in first match since Wimbledon
- California Mudslides Death Toll Rises To 19, Residents Told To Evacuate
- Next Nintendo Direct Will Be Soon If Nintendo Sticks To Tradition
- Duncan, Democratic House candidates react to Haiti comments
- Vikings activate Bradford, Bridgewater will reportedly be No. 2
- Steep slopes on Mars reveal structure of buried ice
- Trump administration resumes accepting DACA renewals
- Bill Murray Slays As The 'Bannon Cannon' On 'Saturday Night Live'
- Insider Trading at First Real Estate Investment Trust of NJ?