Traces of ash fell on Barangays Anoling, Sua, Quirangay, Tumpa, Ilawod and Salugan of Camalig and in Barangays Tandarora, Maninila and Travesia in Guinobatan.
The evacuation had begun on Saturday evening, January 13, due to the ash eruption at 4:21 pm that day.
The Mayon volcano in the Philippines has spewed ash several times over the weekend, forcing authorities to evacuate two villages in its vicinity and raise the threat level, warning of potential "hazardous magmatic eruptions".
Earlier, the second phreatic eruption occurred also yesterday at 8:49 a.m., which lasted approximately for five minutes.More news: Wind chill advisory issued for north Georgia mountains
Phivolcs raised the alert to level 2 in the early hours of Sunday, which means that the current activity is "probably of magmatic origin, which could lead to more phreatic eruptions or eventually to hazardous magmatic eruptions".
Thousands of people have been moved to safe shelters following the eruption of Mt. Mayon in the Philippines, police said on Sunday.
"Since the eruption, rockfall events have been intermittently recorded" while a "faint crater glow" was detected late Saturday night.
Mayon, known for its near-perfect cone, last erupted in 2014.More news: U.S. disappointed in Myanmar decision on two reporters under OSA
The authorities have warned people off a six-km radius around the volcano, and have issued a level 2 alert as concern grew over the possibility of stronger and more unsafe eruptions. It was at its most deadly in February 1841, when 1200 people were killed and lava buried a town.
PHIVOLCS further said the public should refrain from entering the 6-kilometer radius of the Permanent Danger Zone (PDZ) to minimize risks from sudden explosions, rockfall, and landslides.
"We have not reached the critical level", head of the Albay Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office, Cedric Daep, insists in a radio interview.
It advised people experiencing ashfall to cover their noses and mouths with a damp, clean cloth or dust mask.More news: Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Revealed in Detroit
Phivolcs Director Renato Solidum Jr said the phreatic eruption is ongoing and the plume height of an estimated three kilometers and direction is bent towards southwest directions of the province of Albay due to strong winds.
- Trump turns to Kelly to quell lawmakers complaints about immigration negotiations
- Watford's Abdoulaye Doucoure scores equaliser against Southampton with hand
- Paul Merson states his prediction for Tottenham v Everton
- Manchester City's Ilkay Gundogan reveals why he turned down Liverpool transfer
- Dark Souls Remastered CONFIRMED: Nintendo Switch release revealed in Nintendo Direct
- Does The Data Supplment Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ:CMCSA) Movement?
- Turkish passenger plane skids off runway metres away from sea
- Courtois slams Chelsea fans after Leicester draw
- Brightline's 'higher speed' train service will begin this weekend in Florida
- Sii Investments Inc. WI Grows Holdings in US Bancorp (USB)