Makar Sankranti is regarded as important for spiritual practices and accordingly, people take a holy dip in rivers, especially Ganga, Yamuna, Godavari, Krishna, and Kaveri. Makar Sankranti marks the first day of sun's transit into Makara (Capricorn), marking the end of the month with the winter solstice and the start of longer days. On this auspicious day, send your near and dear ones a heartfelt message. Brings you lots of happiness, bliss. Here are a few images, wishes and greeting that you can choose from. Indeed, they are a ideal reason to spend some time with family and friends, a thing which we have lost in the hustle and bustle of our busy life.
To make it more memorable and joyful day, we have a list of songs that you can play while celebrating with your friends and family members.
As the sun starts northward journey. The Makar Sankranti is a significant Hindu festival which referred to a specific solar day according to the Hindu calendar and is celebrated with reference to the Lord Sun.More news: Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Revealed in Detroit
Makar Sankranti is celebrated as a harvest festival, where we thank mother nature for providing us the resources for survival.
President Ram Nath Kovind and Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu extended greetings to the countrymen on the auspicious occasion of Makar Sankranti, Pongal, Bihu and Uttarayan.
Just like Holi is incomplete without gujiya, Makar Sankranti is also incomplete without til (sesame) and gud (jaggery). Both these festivals mark the beginning of a new harvest season.More news: There's Already A Ridiculous $550+ Limited Edition For Dark Souls Remastered
Not many know that Makar Sankranti draws parallel with western festival, Thanksgiving.
Aapko mubarak ho sankrant ka tyohar.More news: Kodak inventory soar after KodakCoin announcement
- Up to Date Stock in Review: Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT)
- Manchester City's Ilkay Gundogan reveals why he turned down Liverpool transfer
- Vikings activate Bradford, Bridgewater will reportedly be No. 2
- Nvidia Corp (NASDAQ:NVDA) 2017 Q3 Sentiment Change
- Trump turns to Kelly to quell lawmakers complaints about immigration negotiations
- No US sanctions on Iran nuclear deal for now
- Alexis signing would be on par with Cantona for Man United
- What we know about where Oprah stands on policy issues
- Father of Yerry Mina: I thank God for Barcelona move
- Burning Iranian oil tanker sinks in Japanese waters