It was only a matter of time before news leaked about where Patricia would end up in 2018.
The fact that Quinn hasn't is at a minimum enlightening and perhaps much more.
New England Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia has been linked to both teams' head-coaching vacancies the past few weeks, and it appears the pendulum has swung back to its origin. The MMQB reported that Patricia prefers the Giants to the Lions. Through it all, Quinn has kept silent in his words and actions.More news: Navy's Ken Niumatalolo Makes Decision On The Arizona Job
Sports Illustrated's Peter King wrote last week that Patricia, a NY native, prefers the Giants job, while the Daily News reported he's the team's top candidate after their first round of interviews.
That being said, in my 200 years of life (really 40), I have seen plenty of National Football League head coach searches play out.
The coaches work in a different part of the building than the front office staff in Foxboro, but former Patriots executive Floyd Reese told me this week "there was no doubt that" Quinn and Patricia "had a good relationship" inside the building. Don't believe me? Just ask them for yourself and you will see.
It makes sense for Patricia, too. A contract still must be worked out whenever New England's season ends.More news: Eagles Hold On Against the Falcons to Reach the NFC Title Game
But the man now destined for one of those jobs is Patricia, one year after he interviewed for the head-coaching jobs with the Rams and? And Quinn is far too smart for that. The Patriots will play in the AFC Championship Game Sunday, January 21.
The decision, objectively, isn't an easy one.
Wilks has history with Giants general manager Dave Gettleman.
But the fact that the Lions have done exactly nothing so far can't be overlooked, either.More news: Bournemouth Fight Back to Shock Arsenal in the Premier League on Sunday
The most important thing is that the Lions get this hire right, not the date that it happens.
- This star could leave if Alexis Sanchez joins Manchester United
- NFC Divisional Playoff Notes: New Orleans Saints at Minnesota Vikings
- Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATVI) Sees Large Decline in Short Interest
- Hina Khan vs Shilpa Shinde vs Vikas Gupta
- Got Batteries? Power Outage Stalls CES Gadget Show
- Wenger struggles for answers after "very frustrating" Bournemouth loss
- Kirby Star Allies Nintendo Switch Release Date Announced
- Democrats Will Attempt to Censure Trump After 'S**thole Countries' Remark
- Crown Castle International Corp. (REIT) (NYSE:CCI) Slips -4.13% For the Week
- Arizona natives in Hawaii react to false missile alert