"The time has come for Henry Bolton to resign as leader of UKIP".
Henry Bolton, 54, was already under pressure from his party to quit after it emerged that he had left his third wife and started a relationship with Jo Marney, a 25-year-old model. The nature of their relationship is under investigation by the UKIP leadership, reports the Telegraph.
In a statement last night Ukip chairman Paul Oakden said: "In light of messages that have been brought to my attention, I have taken the decision to immediately suspend her party membership pending an investigation".More news: 'Veere Di Wedding' Release Gets Pushed By Two Weeks
Jo Marney is said to have apologised for saying Prince Harry's fiancee would "taint" the Royal Family and black people were ugly. Tiny brain", she wrote, adding "She's black. "This is Britain, not Africa".
"Also it would be hypocritical to allow her to stay because he said in the leadership election he was the candidate against racism and nazis so she has to go or he and UKIP are doomed if we let this behaviour happen in the party", the 16-year-old UKIP activist added.
But he said Mr Bolton's "lack of experience in politics has got the better of him", that Ukip resources were being used to defend Mr Bolton's private life and many decisions were being taken without any consultation.
Following the incident, Marney apologized for her comments and said that they were taken out of context.More news: Delta Air Lines (DAL) Releases Q1 Earnings Guidance
On Sunday he was accused on Twitter of being in Ms Marney's company when he appeared on television in mid-October.
Nigel Farage: is he EVER out of the pub? However, the party has struggled to stabilize following the Brexit vote, working against an image problem that it is a single-issue party which has achieved its goal.
"They were never meant to be put in the public domain and I'd like to take this opportunity to offer my honest and deepest apologies to anyone I've hurt and for the distress and embarrassment I've caused my family, friends and the party".
"No offence was intended and, again, I apologise unreservedly for any such offence or hurt that my messages have caused to members of the public, members of Ukip my friends, family and loved ones". I can not sufficiently express my regret and sadness at having done so'.More news: Crown Castle International Corp. (REIT) (NYSE:CCI) Slips -4.13% For the Week
- Bay Area Firefighters Return to Southern California to Aid in Mudslide Rescues
- Polianta Ltd Sells 1280 Shares of Lam Research Co. (LRCX)
- Democrats Will Attempt to Censure Trump After 'S**thole Countries' Remark
- Another blast of Arctic air on the way for Monday
- Senator confirms Trump's 'shithole' remark, says there was so much more
- Corbyn and Labour membership on collision course over Brexit
- Navy's Ken Niumatalolo Makes Decision On The Arizona Job
- Red Cross, Cohoes to hold day-long fire safety program
- Wenger struggles for answers after "very frustrating" Bournemouth loss
- Arizona natives in Hawaii react to false missile alert