The Golden State Warriors look for another victory after winning eight of their last 10 games.
Golden State is on the second night of a back-to-back to begin a hard five-game road trip.
With Curry still sidelined by a right ankle injury, the Warriors clamped down on defense and did most of their damage on the other end in the lane.
After Curry missed the two free throws with 45.2 seconds left, Durant's field goal with 21.3 seconds left put Golden State ahead 125-122.More news: Dua Lipa to perform in Abu Dhabi
"It happens to everybody", coach Steve Kerr said of the rare misses. "We're kind of just this old country school up north", Casey said with a smile.
The defending National Basketball Association champions asserted dominance over the aspiring contender in the East in the fourth. The Golden State Warriors are averaging 115.7 points on 50.7 percent shooting and allowing 106.6 points on 43.6 percent shooting.
VanVleet's 3-pointer with 3:52 left cut it to 116-115, but Curry answered with a 3 for the Warriors.
Durant might be one of the few scorers in the league who can still teach Antetokounmpo a few moves, like the fake Durant used to blow past the Bucks' star for an easy dunk. The Raptors are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 Saturday games, 7-0 ATS in their last 7 games playing on 1 days rest and 5-2 ATS in their last 7 home games. Serge Ibaka returns to the lineup after missing the previous game to serve a one-game suspension.
Brogdon drew the assignment of guarding Thompson for much of the evening. "I thought against Cleveland the guys believed they could beat them". After half the players on the court went scrambling for a loose ball, it was initially ruled out of bounds on Curry.More news: Sears Holdings Corp (SHLD) Major Shareholder Sells $1425851.00 in Stock
Who We Like: With Lowry out the last two games, DeMar DeRozan hasn't quite had the scoring explosion a lot of people predicted he would have. They're allowing foes to shoot 38 percent from 3-point range on the year. "I think we have the best officials in the world". According to oddsmakers at Bovada.lv, the Warriors are listed as a 5-point favorite on the spread line.
Paul George added 17 points and Steven Adams had 14 rebounds and 11 rebounds as the Thunder avenged a loss earlier this season to the Hornets. He grew up about 10 minutes from the Bradley Center.
When the Raptors and Warriors meet, competitive games become the norm, but not Saturday night, at least not in the defining first half.
Hornets guard Kemba Walker did not have a bad night with 19 points, but going five-of-17 shooting, including two for seven from beyond the arc, with five turnovers is not great either. Total fouls - GS 13, M 20.More news: Do we really need an Alexa-powered toilet?
- Angelina Jolie and Daughters Wear Coordinating Red Carpet Looks
- Major League Soccer is creating its own Federation Internationale de Football Association eSports league
- Shares Struggling Near-Term: American Water Works Company, Inc. (NYSE:AWK)
- 'I never said sh*thole, though I did use tough language,' says Trump
- Panagora Asset Management Inc. Cuts Stake in Portland General Electric Company (POR)
- Iran calls fresh U.S. sanctions illegal, hostile
- Aurora Investment Counsel Takes $2.30 Million Position in Tractor Supply (NASDAQ:TSCO)
- Arizona State's Tra Holder injures shoulder, struggles in win
- Patriots Heading To Record Seventh Straight AFC Championship Game
- Are Bella Hadid and Los Angeles Basketballer Jordan Clarkson Together?