"The government can still appeal, and a higher court can overrule and stop the process again", he said, adding that Congress could also enact a new federal law covering the Dreamers if negotiations over DACA are successful in the coming weeks.
"The new administration didn't terminate DACA on policy grounds", Alsup wrote in the opinion.
Wednesday, the president criticized the judge's decision on Twitter.
On Tuesday, U.S. District Judge William Alsup issued a preliminary injunction blocking President Donald Trump's decision to end the Obama-era initiative.More news: Dua Lipa to perform in Abu Dhabi
Then on Thursday, a bipartisan group of senators presented the president with an agreement on new legislation for immigrants brought to the USA illegally as children.
"This week, President Trump provided leadership on a hard issue that our nation has faced for decades and Main Street members want to help the president address our broken immigration system", said U.S. Rep. Rodney Davis (R-Ill.), Chairman of the Republican Main Street Caucus. What will the end of the deferred action program mean?
Trump gave Congress six months to find a way to allow immigrant approved for the DACA program to remain in the USA permanently.
USCIS will only be accepting renewal applications from people previously approved for the DACA program. If someone's DACA expired on or after September 5, 2016, that person may file a renewal request, the agency says; people who received DACA that expired before then can file a new DACA request.More news: Card Factory (CARD) Price Target Lowered to GBX 240 at Liberum Capital
The cost to file a renewal application will be the same as before, $495.
The Trump administration announced in September that it would eliminate DACA, which protects people who were illegally brought to the United States as children - so-called Dreamers - from being deported.
Salinas she can't take a permanent teaching position because her work permit would expire in the middle of next year.More news: Dabo Swinney reveals first-round prospect Clelin Ferrell, others coming back
- Trump administration resumes accepting DACA renewals
- Two killed in Lamu Al-Shabaab attack
- Insider Trading at First Real Estate Investment Trust of NJ?
- Mets, Adrian Gonzalez agree to deal
- Golden State edges past Raptors 127-125, DeRozan scores 42
- Gaza fisherman shot dead by Egyptian army - Palestinians
- Novak Djokovic dominates Dominic Thiem in first match since Wimbledon
- Bill Murray Slays As The 'Bannon Cannon' On 'Saturday Night Live'
- England win toss as Hales returns; Tye debuts for Australia
- PM Modi will break protocol, to receive Netanyahu at airport