"The government can still appeal, and a higher court can overrule and stop the process again", he said, adding that Congress could also enact a new federal law covering the Dreamers if negotiations over DACA are successful in the coming weeks.
"The new administration didn't terminate DACA on policy grounds", Alsup wrote in the opinion.
Wednesday, the president criticized the judge's decision on Twitter.
On Tuesday, U.S. District Judge William Alsup issued a preliminary injunction blocking President Donald Trump's decision to end the Obama-era initiative.More news: Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu arrives in India for six-day visit
Then on Thursday, a bipartisan group of senators presented the president with an agreement on new legislation for immigrants brought to the USA illegally as children.
"This week, President Trump provided leadership on a hard issue that our nation has faced for decades and Main Street members want to help the president address our broken immigration system", said U.S. Rep. Rodney Davis (R-Ill.), Chairman of the Republican Main Street Caucus. What will the end of the deferred action program mean?
Trump gave Congress six months to find a way to allow immigrant approved for the DACA program to remain in the USA permanently.
USCIS will only be accepting renewal applications from people previously approved for the DACA program. If someone's DACA expired on or after September 5, 2016, that person may file a renewal request, the agency says; people who received DACA that expired before then can file a new DACA request.More news: Angelina Jolie and Daughters Wear Coordinating Red Carpet Looks
The cost to file a renewal application will be the same as before, $495.
The Trump administration announced in September that it would eliminate DACA, which protects people who were illegally brought to the United States as children - so-called Dreamers - from being deported.
Salinas she can't take a permanent teaching position because her work permit would expire in the middle of next year.More news: Bill Murray Slays As The 'Bannon Cannon' On 'Saturday Night Live'
- Iran calls fresh U.S. sanctions illegal, hostile
- Passport won't serve as valid address proof anymore, new format soon
- Golden State edges past Raptors 127-125, DeRozan scores 42
- Andy Cole urges Jose Mourinho to break the bank for Alexis Sanchez
- Sleep not on Jeremy Pruitt's to-do list while rebuilding Tennessee football
- Novak Djokovic dominates Dominic Thiem in first match since Wimbledon
- Dabo Swinney reveals first-round prospect Clelin Ferrell, others coming back
- Texas A&M wins in OT against Tennessee 79-76 - Recap, Box score
- Insider Trading at First Real Estate Investment Trust of NJ?
- Gaza fisherman shot dead by Egyptian army - Palestinians