Rescuers earlier this week recovered one body from the sea and two body from the ship after the Iranian vessel collided with the Chinese freight ship, resulting in it being set on fire. The tanker was carrying a cargo of almost 1 million barrels of condensate, a type of gassy, ultra-light oil that readily evaporates or burns off in a fire, reducing the chance of a major oil spill.
A spokesman for the Iranian rescue team dispatched to Shanghai, told Iran's state broadcaster that information from members of the Crystal crew suggested all the personnel on the Sanchi were killed in the first hour of the accident "due to the explosion and the release of gas". It showed video of a tower of billowing black smoke and flames on the surface of the water.More news: Citizenship and Immigration Services return to accepting DACA requests
But the tanker, called the Sanchi, has now sunk after being adrift and on fire for a week, Chinese media reported.
Three of the bodies of the more than 30 crew aboard have been recovered.More news: Satyam scandal fallout: SEBI bars PriceWaterhouse from corporate audits for two years
Meanwhile, China's State Oceanic Administration is expanding the range of its monitoring to "quickly ascertain the spread and drift of overflowing oil" from the boat.
Ali Larijani noted the nation's concerns over the unknown fate of the still missing crew members on board of an Iranian oil tanker which collided with a freighter off China's east coast on January 6, and ordered the Parliament's National Security Commission to pursue the case through various mechanisms. The Hong Kong-based vessel's 21 crew members were evacuated.More news: Coutinho and Mina Mark the Arrival of New Dawn at Barcelona
- 'Tide In, Dirt Out': Deadly Detergent Eating Flashmob Jumps to Dangerous Scale
- Steep slopes on Mars reveal structure of buried ice
- Father of Yerry Mina: I thank God for Barcelona move
- What we know about where Oprah stands on policy issues
- Up to Date Stock in Review: Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT)
- How Have Institutional Investors Been Trading NIKE, Inc. (NKE)?
- Nvidia Corp (NASDAQ:NVDA) 2017 Q3 Sentiment Change
- No US sanctions on Iran nuclear deal for now
- Kodak inventory soar after KodakCoin announcement
- Fashion Photographers Mario Testino & Bruce Weber Accused Of Abusing Models