Seniors, active military personnel and veterans will receive a 10% discount, and children younger than 12 will ride for half price as part of discounted introductory fares, according to Brightline.
After months of delay, the private company Brightline finally launched its train service from Fort Lauderdale to West Palm Beach Friday with a preview voyage for county officials and politicians.
The $10 one-way tickets buy a seat in the 66-seat Smart Coach.
One of the company's chief investors, Wes Edens from Fortress Investment Group, announced at the opening that Brightline expects to complete construction on its Miami station and begin service between Fort Lauderdale and Miami in six to eight weeks.More news: U.S. disappointed in Myanmar decision on two reporters under OSA
Brightline has not released monthly pass prices for its trains yet, nor has the company said when the introductory fare will end.
Initially, Brightline will offer 10 daily roundtrips on weekdays and nine on weekends, with service beginning as early as 6 a.m. and ending as late as 11 p.m.
The company also promoted Patrick Goddard to president.
Brightline's diesel-electric powered trains feature a variety of amenities, including retractable platforms that facilitate easy boarding, bike racks, wide aisles and free wireless Internet.More news: 'Tide In, Dirt Out': Deadly Detergent Eating Flashmob Jumps to Dangerous Scale
Brightline President Patrick Goddard on Thursday hailed the launch of Brightline as a "transformative" moment for South Florida. The five four-car train sets will each hold 240 people. "The fight is not over. If anything, the news of All Aboard Florida's stated progress gives us even stronger determination".
All Aboard Florida previously said it would consider these proposals, but would not add additional stops until the Miami-to-Orlando railroad becomes profitable.
The Miami station will be near the corner of Northwest Second Avenue and Sixth Street; the Fort Lauderdale station at 101 NW Second Ave.; the West Palm Beach station near the corner of Evernia Street and South Rosemary Avenue.More news: Boston Scientific Corporation (BSX) SVP Sells 8763 Shares of Stock
- Nvidia Corp (NASDAQ:NVDA) 2017 Q3 Sentiment Change
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Revealed in Detroit
- Canadiens' Danault to remain hospitalized after shot to head
- Turkish passenger plane skids off runway metres away from sea
- India defeats Australian cricket team by 100 runs
- Carroll Financial Associates Inc. Has $10.95 Million Stake in Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- Accenture (ACN) PT Raised to $152.00 at Barclays
- California Mudslides Death Toll Rises To 19, Residents Told To Evacuate
- Trump turns to Kelly to quell lawmakers complaints about immigration negotiations
- Alexis signing would be on par with Cantona for Man United