All the signs are pointing towards a victory for Arsenal, but Alexis Sanchez has not travelled with the Gunners as he pushes through a transfer to Manchester United, and this could upset the north Londoners' preparations.
Goals by Callum Wilson and Jordan Ibe earned Bournemouth their first ever win over Arsenal and a valuable three points after the Cherries fought back to win 2-1 at the Vitality Stadium on Sunday afternoon. "The situation is not completely decided one way or the other, so I left him at home", the manager said.
City remained favourites to sign the Chile global this month until Manchester United expressed their interest last week. "Don't read too much in it because even I don't know which way it will go".More news: Dark Souls Remastered publisher pegs leaked 50% loyalty scheme as a mistake
But did anyone impress for Arsenal? In the 35th minute, Danny Welbeck's shot was saved by keeper Asmir Begovic but if the Arsenal striker had gone to ground under the challenge of Simon Francis, he may well have won a penalty.
Seven minutes after the restart, Hector Bellerin broke the deadlock for the visitors after scampering down the right flank and squeezing a shot home.More news: Sii Investments Inc. WI Grows Holdings in US Bancorp (USB)
The break came at the wrong time for the hosts who found themselves behind soon after when Bellerin - set free by a superb Iwobi ball - fired through Begovic's hand.
Callum Wilson converted a flawless Ryan Fraser cross in the 70th minute, before the striker turned provider, controlling a long ball and teeing up Ibe to fire past Petr Cech.
Five minutes later, the Cherries took the lead courtesy of a powerful low strike from Jordon Ibe, 2-1.More news: White House doctor declares Trump 'in excellent health'
- Does The Data Supplment Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ:CMCSA) Movement?
- Watford's Abdoulaye Doucoure scores equaliser against Southampton with hand
- Trump turns to Kelly to quell lawmakers complaints about immigration negotiations
- Canadiens' Danault to remain hospitalized after shot to head
- African states demand Trump apologise for racist remark
- Hina Khan vs Shilpa Shinde vs Vikas Gupta
- India were about to play an all-seam attack, reveals R Ashwin
- Search Efforts Continue After California Mudslides Killed At Least 15
- This is final chance on nuclear deal, Trump warns Iran
- Residents evacuated amid Mount Mayon eruption warning